We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March vacation

Which Puerto Viejo de Talamanca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
122 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
March vacation

What do you guys think of my itinerary? Fly into Panama City stay in Casco viejo for three nights. Fly into bocas for three nights. Caribe shuttle to puerto viejo for a week. Sound good?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March vacation

Fantastic!

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March vacation

Sounds like a good plan to me too. Consider a daytrip from Panama City to visit the Embera indigenous people by boat. See http://emberatour.com/ for just 1 of many companies offering this trip.

In Bocas you'll need to take a boat trip to find good snorkeling, but there are lots of options.

Hope you enjoy Puerto Viejo as much as I have. Be sure and visit Jaguar Rescue Sanctuary and have dinner st Selvin's in Punta Uva on the weekend.

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: March vacation

Wow! Have a fantastic time and do come back with questions about Puerto Viejo and the area if you have any.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
122 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: March vacation

Thanks guys! We do want to do one of the boat tours while in Panama City, rent bikes and ride te causeway one day. Bocas, we want to do basti one day, zapitailla one day and bike to bocas del drago one day. In puerto, we will do a lot of relaxing and having fun. Staying in a house in cocles. We've been many times but never had a guided tour through manzanillo so I want do do that but super scared of snakes cause I see so many everytime I come!!:) but it makes it fun! I also would like to do a boat tour of the lagoon in manzanillo. I read about river dolphins back there. That would be cool to see. Keep all the recommendations coming. :)

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
14,492 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: March vacation

Where do you fly out? BTW excellent itinerary, really great vacation time. In Puerto Viejo, you may want to go on a tour to see manatees (check John_The_Swede trip report for details). Safe trails!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: March vacation

Check out http://www.wahoofishingtours.com/ , much more than just a fishing tour!

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
125 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: March vacation

You're going to have a blast!!! There is some great research on the Guyana Tucaxi dolphins that inhabit the coastline of Gandoca. We often seeing them splashing about with both the Bottlenose and the Atlantic Spotted. Just yesterday we were out and watched them for hours. Think about hiring Junior Palmer for your trek into the reserve, he is a treat; funny, intelligent, eagle-eye, and a gentle man to spend the day with. To see a manatee is rare, but a magical event. You might really like a day trip to the permaculture farm at Punta Mona, combine it with a dolphin and snorkeling tour... fish a bit so you can haul in fresh fish for the folks at the farm, you'll be welcomed with big hugs!

Enjoy your planning and eventual return to this magical place! I own/operate Wahoo Fishing & Tours, and am happy to answer questions you might have off-line.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
122 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: March vacation

Thanks Janick! I'll be getting in touch with you soon.

9. Re: March vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 05:18