We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at "The Bounty" (about 1 mile north of PV)

Lewisville, ID
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at "The Bounty" (about 1 mile north of PV)

I have received a quote and the property looks great on vrbo, perfect for my husband and me. I haven't seen any reviews or anything on pvsatellite about this property. Anyone out there know the owners or manager? Thanks for any help :)

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at "The Bounty" (about 1 mile north of PV)

The house looks great and for safety reasons, its great that they have owner/caretaker on site too. Hopefully Colinsito will chime in, he knows the neighborhood very well.

Puerto Viejo de...
Level Contributor
125 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at "The Bounty" (about 1 mile north of PV)

I have had several guests tour with us that were staying there over the last month. One group LOVED it, raved about the location in regards to the beach, a restaurant/bar pretty close, and proximity to town for outings. They also liked the layout, but indicated they had eaten most of their meals out.

The second guests liked the proximity to the beach, but then found they didn't like the black sands of the local beach for sunning or swimming. They said the layout was comfortable but had some problems with the conditions of the bathroom, sound primarily like the faucets needed a bit of cleaning to clear out the calcium that deposits and restricts water flow. They also suggested that the kitchen was lacking a few necessary items to make meal prep more efficient/effective.

They also remarked that they had been a bit disappointed at the absence of wildlife, but that's a tough thing to judge.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at "The Bounty" (about 1 mile north of PV)

It's a nice house that is well taken care of. There is also a resident caretaker that lives in a small house next to the house.

It's about 1.5 km walk to town or in other direction, 500 meter to Banana Azul.

Lewisville, ID
Level Contributor
81 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at "The Bounty" (about 1 mile north of PV)

Thanks for the helpful replies. I will take all of these things into consideration before booking. Any other lodging suggestions would be great! We are just a married couple in our 30's heading down at the end of March for 1 week. We have been to CR before, just not to the Caribbean coast yet. We are looking forward to a nice warm break :) Thanks everyone!

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at "The Bounty" (about 1 mile north of PV)

http://www.korriganlodge.com/ in Punta Uva is great. You might want to check if they have any bungalows available.

6. Re: Has anyone stayed at "The Bounty" (about 1 mile north of PV)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...