We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Tortuguero with Exploradores Outdoors

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Tortuguero with Exploradores Outdoors

Does anybody have experience going to Tortuguero with Exploradores Outdoors? We are going on 2day/i night trip and are currently trying to decide between this operator or through anywhere in Costa Rica (I believe it is basically organized through the hotel). The trip with Exploradores Outdoors seems a bit more interesting with an additional canal tour the 2nd day and hiking, while the other operator has an optional (I read in some reviews an additional $15 pp)canal tour and seems to be leving Tortuguero earlier. Any info in this respect will be helpful.

New Hope, Minnesota
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Tortuguero with Exploradores Outdoors

We didn't go into Tortuguero with Exploradores, but we did the Pacuare Rafting with them .. were picked up at our hotel in Puerto Viego area, rafted then dropped off in San jose afterwards. I was very impressed with their organization and professionalism, and we had a wonderful time.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Tortuguero with Exploradores Outdoors

Exploradores Outdoors is a very good, all their tour are great and they are very customer service oriented. their guide are very knowledgeable,

Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Tortuguero with Exploradores Outdoors

Thanks, guys. I know they have good reputation with rafting, but just was wondering about the tour.

Terneuzen, The...
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Tortuguero with Exploradores Outdoors

We just used them to go from Cahuita to Tortuguero to La Fortuna. we had a great time and a wonderful guide Tomas. Very well organised especially the transfer to La Fortuna where we were the only people making the trip and were delayed due to striking Taxi drivers in San Jose. The car was waiting for us at the drop off point and then drove us 2 hours to La Fortuna. Excellent lodging and overall great value

5. Re: Trip to Tortuguero with Exploradores Outdoors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 10:17