We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuga Lodge or Turtle Lodge?

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
colorado
10 posts
Save Topic
Tortuga Lodge or Turtle Lodge?

We will be staying 3 nights in Tortuguero. I'm interested in doing a canal tour, kayaking and turtle watching(nesting) with a reputable guide.

Which place is considered the nicest place that will cater to these activities?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,047 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortuga Lodge or Turtle Lodge?

Turtle Lodge...located close to a beach...not good for swwiming but great to walk and try to find turtles! And packagejprices are good!

roadadvisor

Nashville,Tn
Level Contributor
53 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortuga Lodge or Turtle Lodge?

I cannot speak for Turtle Lodge, as I have not stayed there. I just returned from a three day stay at Tortuga Lodge, however, and it was wonderful. The staff is great, the food fantastic, the grounds beautiful, and the guides are very knowledgeable. I don't think you can go wrong with this lodge. I recommend it highly. They offer all the activities you want.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortuga Lodge or Turtle Lodge?

costaricaexpeditions.com/Lodging/tortugalodge

best by far jungle lodge feel

www.turtlebeachlodge.com more of a beach hotel feel

not as neat cute or jungly...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortuga Lodge or Turtle Lodge?

I haven't stayed at Tortuga, but have heard wonderful things about it. Turtle Beach Lodge is great. Maybe it doesn't feel as "jungly" as Tortuga lodge because it's sandwiched between both the beach and canals, but definitely in a great spot surrounded by rainforest. They have free kayaks you can take out on your own...that's a big plus for me. The canals are so beautiful you can spend hours out there spotting wildlife and paddling through the canals, into a lagoon, stopping at the beach, etc.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
111 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortuga Lodge or Turtle Lodge?

My husband & I just returned from a 2 night stay at Tortuga Lodge and absolutely loved it!! We wished we would have stayed there longer. It was our favorite place in CR. It is located on the river canal and across the river from the airstrip. There are trails throughout the jungle behind it that we walked and saw lots of wildlife. We did a guided canal tour....and it was like a private tour....just my husband & I with a guide who was born & raised in Tortuguero...he was awesome. We saw almost every kind of wildlife you could imagine... we also saw tour boats from other resorts that were packed full of people. Tortuga lodge is very small, which gives you a much more personal feel and excellent personal service. Everyone there was wonderful and I highly recommend this lodge.

I can't speak for Turtle Lodge, but hope this helps you decide. Message me if you want more details!

6. Re: Tortuga Lodge or Turtle Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2010, 05:17