We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

I have read page after page of this forum about the Laguna Lodge.

I am really wondering what is the real truth about this Lodge. Some say it is really nice, with a LARGE fan in the ceiling, I read one that said there was a SMALL fan. Then one review said there were SCREENS in the windows and one said there were NO SCREENS in the windows. Can some one please help and tell me for sure what the place is like.?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

They may both be true as there is a large block of rooms newer than the original rooms. Our room had a large fan and screened windows with louvered shutters inside, which is pretty typical.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

I have had stayed there numbers of times...and my room always had a screen...a door...two beds...simple clean shower...plenty water and a fan....how big ? I really do not recall...only one time I have to ask to oil the fan since it was making some funny noises...the fan was big enough to cool the room...

You can send a mail direct to Mr. Rodolfo Dada, manager and owner of the Lodge...and ask him about the fan situation. By the way Mr. Dada is a well know costarican writer mostly of childrens books...nice simple person...

roadadvisor

Tennessee
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

Thank you, can you give me his address?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

They have a toll free number...you can call them and ask how to send a e- mail to Mr. Dada...

Toll Free: 1-888-259-5615

Roadadvisor

San Jose
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

Good day! I dont think Mr. Dada is on a daily basis at the office dealing with these questions, but I am sure that his staff will be willing to take your request or question. You could let them know you want to book with them but want to make sure your room has a large fan and screens.

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

We stayed there for 2 nights in late Dec 2009. Screens on windows, ceiling fan that worked and no squeaking, large shower, two beds and the room was very clean. Rocking chairs on the porch and no insects to bother us outside. The swimming pool was great, the food was very good local fare.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
396 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

Thanks to all who responded. I feel like it will be a good place for us to stay.

8. Re: Laguna Lodge In Tortuguero/True or False????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 05:16