We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to stay in Tortuguero?

Which Tortuguero hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to stay in Tortuguero?

Hello! We are planning on starting our honeymoon in Tortuguero in early Dec 2012 (3d/2n), and are wondering about the best accomodations. From the reading I have done, I am trying to decide between Turtle beach lodge, Laguna Lodge (with Riverboat Francesca), or Manatus Hotel. Manatus is around 2x the price - do you think this would be worth it for our honeymoon? Would we really spend much time at the lodge itself? Turtle Beach Lodge appears to get slightly better reviews than Laguna Lodge on TripAdvisor, however I have heard so many good things about Riverboat Francesca - it may be worth staying at Laguna instead. I like the idea at Turtle Beach about having free kayaks to take out whenever we would like. We don't need to stay somewhere super fancy, but we would like somewhere clean, with pretty good food, and fewest people on the tours.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best place to stay in Tortuguero?

ascanada - I have to disagree with you about the lodges in Tortuguero. I stayed at Casa Marbella and they most certainly have windows with glass in them. There are others with glass in their windows also.

I do agree that Laguna Lodge is a good choice as well as your other recommendations.

Canada
Level Contributor
179 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best place to stay in Tortuguero?

Thanks Hattie! :) I do stick by saying that MOST of the lodgings in Tortuguero are not necessarily made for those types of activities. Lack of insulation & all that jazz.

13. Re: Best place to stay in Tortuguero?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 10:18