We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuguero wether in July

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 posts
Save Topic
Tortuguero wether in July

Hi. I would like to know if it is possible to bear the wether over there without air condition. As I understand, except 1 hotel, no air condition in the hotel over there. I will apriciate to here from someone who had been there this time of the year.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,387 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortuguero wether in July

We've been there in July. It was hot and humid, but not unbearable. Our hotel had mesh windows instead of glass to allow for ventilation. We also had a fan to help move the air around. We loved it. That is a very rainy time of year to go though. We had quite a bit of rain, not just sprinkles, but a real deluge. We worked around it and were still able to do all the activities that we wanted. We chose that time of year because it was the beginning of turtle season.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,427 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortuguero wether in July

Even that can be hot...you can survive without A-C...a nice fan will do it...early morning even gets cold...just have some insect repellent just in case...they love me and most of the times with my multiples stays at Mawamba, Laguna, Pachira... etc....with jsut some repellent and everyting was just great!

roadadvisor

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortuguero wether in July

It's all part of the experience. All the trees and water around make it seem cooler and it's not too bad. You're from a dry climate so everything is going to seem pretty humid even where there is A/C

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,387 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortuguero wether in July

We loved the Tortuga Lodge. We spent part of our time in the pool - that really helps to keep you cool.

Tortuguero, Costa...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortuguero wether in July

If you are strongly adverse to heat and humidity, air conditioning can make all the difference. However, my family stayed at Manatus and there were some issues. They only offer the all-included package with land transportation. My family arrived by air, and there was no discount for the land travel they didn't use. They ate most meals at my restaurant, and there was no discount for the meals they didn't consume at the hotel. The one dinner we did eat at the hotel was horrible, microwaved, pre-packaged food. My husband's raviolis were still frozen and covered with sauce from a packet, and my mother's chicken had so much salt that it was inedible. The tours were fantastic, the one saving grace.

Many people find the temperature bearable because of the open air layout of the rooms. If you can find an ocean-facing room, even at the hotels that are across the river, the breeze helps. If you come to the village without a reservation, make sure you check that the fan in the room works before deciding.

6. Re: Tortuguero wether in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 05:17