We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage/Souvenir Question

Groveland...
Level Contributor
19 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage/Souvenir Question

Due to the high cost of checking luggage and a short amount of time to clear customs in Charlotte - 90 min. I'm thinking of just bringing carry on luggage for our family of 4. Since I've never been to CR before I'm not sure if there is something that I would want to bring back that would need to go in checked luggage? Anything unique to CR that I wouldn't be able to bring in a carry on?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage/Souvenir Question

Not that I can think of...many other countries I've visited had special liquors people bring back as souvenirs, but I didn't come across any in CR. The most popular souvenirs are wooden bowls/vases, jewelry, and coffee. I think you have a good plan. Have a great trip!

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,431 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage/Souvenir Question

Costa Rica does have special coffee liqueurs - Cafe Rica or the Britt equivalent are like kahlua and are quite good. There is also an equivalent to Irish Creme called Golden Creme.

Another thing that people bring back that would cause an issue would be Salsa Lizano - a sauce you will probablt y taste while you are there..

But I am not sure any of these. are worth checking luggage for and risking missing your flight.

You'll be fine sticking to the things the previous poster mentioned. Another thing that is nice are the beach wraps or sarong type things.

raquel

3. Re: Luggage/Souvenir Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:48