We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera

chicago
Level Contributor
98 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera

My flight gets in at 11:48-do I have time to catch the 14:00 ferry to Paquera?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera

No, I don't see how. It will take 1/2 hour at best to clear immigration and get your bags, then are you renting a car? That will be the end of your plans there. A shuttle? again bad, as many stops on the way will delay it, and finally, assuming you get away immediately, it leaves you 1 1/2 hours to make the ferry from the SJ fringe..to me, it's that long just to Puntarenas, although one or two other rocket drivers here claim 45mins. The police will be aggressively watching the hiway, and fines are not pleasant. Nope, can't be done, plan to stay over in Puntarenas perhaps. Do have a great holiday once you get where you are going.

Edited: 28 June 2012, 22:34
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera

As cajon traveler mentioned there is no way to get to the ferry on time at the time you arrive. You need totake a later ferry

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,303 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera

It is close way to close...maybe google the ferry schedule and find a later one...

Google...Paquera ferry...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera

Here is the ferry schedule to help you with your time issues as MikeA943 points out www.nicoyapeninsula.com/general/boat.php looks like 5PM, well before dark will get you across. Enjoy the very nice photo ops as you cross.

5. Re: Ferry from Puntarenas to Paquera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 05:46