We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in september

Which Golfito hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Amsterdam, The...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
weather in september

Hi! flying to San Jose and would like to go to Pavones from there if there's a good swell for some surfing. is it ok to rent a car or are the roads realy flooded right now?

the other option is to fly to golfito but i like the flexibillity of a car to visit other beaches.

appreciate any advice.

thanks

monique

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,281 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in september

Hola Monique...since we are affected this year by El Nino weather factor so far not to much rain...almost like summer...as today...if weather change tomorrow I have no idea...but so far so good...

According to people that knows about the weather they are saying that our weather will be as it is at leats for 6 more months!

Yes rent a car and a GPS!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in september

Hi!

The Osa gets much more rain than the rest of the country, however, what I would recommend doing, since Pavones is really really far south. You can still fly into Golfito and rent a car there. don't buy a ticket return and see how the weather is for you. This way you can either return your car in Golfito or drive it north since you'll be more in the place for weather spotting.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

3. Re: weather in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Golfito
More Golfito Topics