We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Bejeco vs.Playa Palo Seco?

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Bejeco vs.Playa Palo Seco?

Hi - Does anyone have any feelings about which would be better to stay in: Playa Bejuco or Playa Palo Seco?

I'm looking at Delfin Beachfront Resort and Hotel Playa Bejuco in Playa Bejuco, vs. Beso del Viento in Playa Palo Seco.

Any thoughts, experience?

Thanks.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Bejeco vs.Playa Palo Seco?

Oops, I meant to say "Playa Bejuco" in the subject line...

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Bejeco vs.Playa Palo Seco?

I would recommend the Delfin at Playa Bejuco for a couple days if you are looking for a relaxing stay on a secluded beach. There isn't much going on, but the hotel is very clean, the pool is nice, and the owner/staff is very hospitable.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Bejeco vs.Playa Palo Seco?

Thanks. We're really looking for a base for five nights - somewhere decent, safe, on the beach - from which we can go on a couple day trips (Carara National Park; Congreja NP; maybe Manuel Antonio). Since we're only going to be in CR for 5 nights, we really just want to stay in one place, so we can spread out and get comfortable, instead of moving around. But, we want to avoid resorts and very touristy areas.

Playa Bejuco seems like a quiet place, but not too desolate. We're interested in getting into the ocean to get wet. A nice swimming beach sounds nice, but it seems that the few swimmable beaches are all taken by expensive mega-resorts. But, if we can only go in waist-deep, that's fine.

My research, so far, has led me to Delfin Beachfront Resort. It's in my budget and seems nice but not too nice, if you know what I mean.

Thanks...

4. Re: Playa Bejeco vs.Playa Palo Seco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 01:18