We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scuba Diving - Jaco area

Ingleside, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
255 reviews
Save Topic
Scuba Diving - Jaco area

Anyone have any experience with Scuba Diving operators in Jaco, Quepos, or Manuel Antonio?

Need contact info, prices. Whats diving like in late November or early December?

PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scuba Diving - Jaco area

Hey Diverdan28. Did you find out anything? Did you go on a trip and dive anywhere? Going in a few days, have same questions as you did a while ago.

rogergrape
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Scuba Diving - Jaco area

Jaco- Herradura divers, professional company not too sure of prices. Nice set up and friendly

Manuel Antonio/Quepos- two companies present and trust me when i say only one is worth diving with. Oceans Unlimited. Professional, fun, good staff two boats so snorkelling trips are split from diving. They also run trips to Cano island which is the best diving in the Pacific apart from cocos. I was there last week and lost count of how many sharks i saw. they are very safety conscious and make the trip thoroughly enjoyable.

Immaculada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Scuba Diving - Jaco area

| must dissagree with you Rogergrape. I recentley moved to Manuel Antonio from San Jose where I teach English and was interested in getting my open water certification. I checked out both dive shops since there is two in the area and while you claim Ocean's Unlimited is the best I will have to disagree. I walked in wasn't greeted with a smile and the price I was offered for the open water certification was ridiculous for the area. Oceans Unlimited offered me a private course with just me and the Instructor for $450.00 and when I asked if it would be possible to do the course with a grup hoping that it would make it less expensive, well they told me I would have to wait for more students to sign up for there open water and I didn't want to wait nor pay $450.00. I went to Manuel Antonio Divers which is in the Downtown area of Quepos close to food, the bus station, taxi's well everything and they were super nice when I walked in and also didn't jerk my chain about private or group rates. They teach there student divers as they come whether there is 6 of them or just me, so I had my open water course done with them for $350.00 that included everything my equipment, everything I needed to complete the course and guess what.....It was just me and my Instructor, Yeudi and I didn't have to wait for other students to sign up or anything. Manuel Antonio Divers just seemed more flexible all the way around from completing my pool sessions and course work they did it on my terms and I didn't have to do it on theres which was nice because I had the time to spend on it. Even though I live here there were other people that started there open water while I was there and they were on vacation and just the same Yeudi and the other Instructor Mindy were great with there tight schedule. So now I live here and dive alot here and in other parts of the country and it seems to be that diving is all around better in all parts of Costa Rica in our Dry Season which I beleive starts in Late November and the water stays nice until around May. Even though the visibility can be a challange here there is still so much to see! I highly reccomend Manuel Antonio Divers where you pay if not less the same price for a bigger boat, nicer people, and a great time!

4. Re: Scuba Diving - Jaco area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 15:18