We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Nightlife

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
US
11 posts
Save Topic
Recent Nightlife

Going to Jaco for spring break march 8th-13th. Wondering how the nightlife will be? What nights are busy where? Will it be busy bc its spring break? What are the typical covers and drink prices? Was thinking of doing bottle service one night, anyone know the cost of that in comparison to here in the US in say Las Vegas or NYC. Paid 475 per bottle with 3 bottle min in las vegas. Hoping it will be cheaper in Jaco! Any advice welcome! Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,099 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Nightlife

Jaco is a party beach...I will said it is not a problem to find a good place...any night!

roadadvisor

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Nightlife

It will be chock a block..Best Western for party

Jacó's high season nightlife is serious business, with people packing the clubs and bars from dusk till dawn. Come low season, however, most hotspots remain relatively empty. Be aware that Jacó has had recent drug problems, and prostitutes linger in almost every bar.

La Hacienda*-located 50m north of the bridge, just past the first side street, above the restaurant of the same name. A young trendy crowd meets for pre-salsa drinks, blasting rock, and reggae. (643 3460. Cover 1500. Beer 500; 2-for-1 beers M-F till 9pm. Open daily 4pm-2:30am.)

Club Ole* - across the street from La Hacienda Bar plays classy salsa and merengue. (Cover 110. Beer 550. Open F-Sa 6:30pm-4am.)

Discotheque la Central- 100m down the side street 100m south of Banco Nacional. After 11pm people head to this classic disco/bar for popular Latin and pop music. (643 3076. Cover Th-Su 800. Open daily 8:30pm-2:30am.)

Pancho Villa's* - toward the southern end of town, across the street from Mexican Joe's. After the other bars and discos close, a largely male crowd stumbles here for pricey grub and gambling. (Appetizers 1000-1500; hamburgers 738. Open daily 10am-5am.)

3. Re: Recent Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 17:17
Edited: 22 March 2010, 17:17
4. Re: Recent Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2010, 17:17
Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent Nightlife

Pick up a copy of El Chunche when you get into Jaco. It is a monthly publication with info on restaurants, hotels, local ads and a bit about daily bar events (ie: music, drink specials, ladies night etc.) This will at least "get you started" and once you get on the track you'll have no problem finding yourself in the middle of the action. Post #2 wherein may be good intended, it appears to be sourced from internet info. from 2004. The weekend is definitely more active in Jaco esp. with the newly completed Caldera highway out of SJ. I'm told that the town is really hopping now. When you return, maybe you will have a sec. to fill us in on your haps in Jaco. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated by future travelers. Have a great time! Lisa.

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent Nightlife

Le Loft is staying pretty packed these days, especially on weekends. There is always ladies night at the Backyard on Wednesday nights, which will surely be packed during spring break. La Bruja, across from the Beatle Bar, is an interesting bar to check out late night. Seeing lots of posters up every week for different DJ's playing weekends at Vibe.

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Recent Nightlife

PS. Unfortunately Lisa Chunche is no longer in publication. A shame, I enjoyed seeing it every month. Similar magazine is Jaco Guide.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recent Nightlife

jako: You're kidding me ... what a shame! I'd wondered why I couldn't find an issue since Dec. '09. Well jako, you'll need to be our Chunche from now on ... your info is just as good. Thanks for all the great local updates. Lisa

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recent Nightlife

I have suspected many times that QW has never been to any of the places he posts for, but just researches areas on the internet and posts ;)

Anyway, The Loft is usually packed everynight (late) and the best place to get bottle servcice if you want. And no you won't pay $475. Look under night life for Jaco and that gives you a pretty good idea of night life in Jaco. Everynight there is a different bar or club that is the place to go, just ask around, or ask the taxi driver where it is and they will take you. Most nights we end it at The Loft. The Backyard is always packed on ladies night. It is not hard to find a party in Jaco. As far as drug problems, it is not worse than other areas in CR. If you are at a club late at night there is someone there that is dealing, same as it is here in the States. The only real problems you may have is if you are walking on the beach at night or down back roads alone or in small group. I wouldn't do that here at home, so why would I do that in CR?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recent Nightlife

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g309271-s402/Jaco:Cos…

Here is a link that talks about different clubs. It is pretty good even though it is a little old.