We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from quepos to jaco

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
transportation from quepos to jaco

I am having hard time finding a bus shuttle van etc from quepos to jaco one sight says take the bus to san jose and the bus driver will drop you off a mile from town another mentions manuel antonio is that my best bet to contact a shuttle that lists antonio manuel and use them ?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,379 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from quepos to jaco

Yes, if you contact a shuttle that says MA - there should be no issue with them picking you up somewhere in Quepos. They have to pass through a part of Quepos on the way.

If there are more than 2 of you - or if conveniece is important , you might as well hire a private driver or even take a taxi.

If you are lookin at the public bus - there are 2 options. The transportes Morales buses that go to San Jose will as you say drop you off 0on the road outside of town.

However, there are buses from Quepos that go right into Jaco.These actually start in Quepos - not MA They are run by Transportes Quepos and most if not all go on to Puntarenas.

For point to point travel check out this schedule (times always subject to change)

visitcostarica.com/ict/paginas/LEYES/pdf/Iti…

I notice you did post in another post about thinking of flying to Quepos and then getting back to Jaco. As the others who replied have suggested, I also think it is not worth the money and given flight schedules, check in, and transfers etc, won't end up saving any time.

Perhaps consider having a private driver meet you when you land in SJO. He will wisk you off to Jaco - on your schedule.

raquel

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
685 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from quepos to jaco

thank you for your reply

I am thinking of spliting my vacation time between quepos and jaco

thats why I am wondering about the transport

if i was just going to jaco then I agree its not worth flying then driving an hour to get to jaco you might as well just drive the hour and a half

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,869 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from quepos to jaco

Get a taxi iis better and even cheaper!

roadavdvisor

4. Re: transportation from quepos to jaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 07:16