We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guys Trip!

Georgia
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Guys Trip!

Me and 3 other guys are planning a trip to Jaco for 4 days at the end of Feb. We want to learn to surf, ATV tours to waterfalls, nightlife, ect.

We want to stay in a central location without spending a ton of money.

I need advice on all of the above.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Jaco
Jaco
Jaco District, Costa Rica
Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guys Trip!

Check out http://www.estrellamar.com/ , www.hotel-poseidon.com and maybe http://www.apartotelflamboyant.com/ . I would recommend either Mauricio or Dave with Jaco Surf Club for surf lessons. They are located right across the street from Hotel Poseidon and are two of the top surf instructors in town. The two main places to go for nightlife are the Monkey Bar and Le Loft. You should have fun at both. And Vibe for after hours...

Mentioned in this post
Jaco
Jaco
Jaco District, Costa Rica
Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guys Trip!

If you want to be in the middle of it all Jako gives good advice.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guys Trip!

Good advice by JAKO...real good..

roadadvsiro

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
460 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guys Trip!

I like Monaco Condos- www.teetimescostarica.com/hoteljaco.html You can get a 2-3 bedroom condo for only $169/night.

It is secure, clean, has private pool, and within walking distance of restaurants and nightlife.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,025 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guys Trip!

Bahia Encantada American style condos...great location and safe...nice pool...nice side of the beach...of course beach front...

roadadvisor

Georgia
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guys Trip!

Thanks to everyone who replied! We are looking forward to having a great time!

Georgia
Level Contributor
44 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guys Trip!

Out of the hotels recommended, which ones are located on the beach. I am having a hard figuring that out from their websites.

Also, thoughts on the Best Western?

Thanks!

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guys Trip!

apartotel flamboyant is along the beach.

9. Re: Guys Trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 January 2011, 18:35
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Guys Trip!

If you want to spend good time at the waterfalls check out www.costaricawaterfalltours.com they have tours with cliff jumping that are awesome.

the atv tours are cool but they dont spend much time at the waterfalls