We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming Weather in Jaco

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Upcoming Weather in Jaco

We are leaving for Jaco next Tuesday and the 10 day outlook says 60% chance of rain/scattered storms everday from Tues- Sunday at this point. Is it really going to rain every day? I have never been to CR before but everything i have read says March is the driest time of the year, so I am surprised to see this. I'm nervous now, can anyone offer any insight? I'm not sure if this is normal predictions or if it will be an afternoon shower and thats all. Help!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,128 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

Don't believe what you read about weather, online forecasts are not very accurate. Supposed to be raining on me here in the central valley as we speak, not a cloud in the sky... You will be fine.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,975 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

No point in worring about it. The rainforest needs rain. Even if it does rain some, you will have dry time as well.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,496 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

March is historically the driest month in Jaco so the likelihood of rain is very low. Actually, it's been so hot and dry lately. In the event of rain, it will most likely be of short duration and a welcome cooling. Should you experience afternoon rain, find a nice covered patio or restaurant, have a refreshing beverage, relax and enjoy!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

Thanks Everyone!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

Well April is our driest month...any way...even that we are a small country the weather can change every 4 miles...just to mention a number...hard for any body to even try to predict the weather...

Can be terrible rain in Manuel Antonio and great in Paquita...horrible in Parrita and the best by Jaco...

If we go back in history March is summer time for us...almost the peak of the dry season...but now days...who knows...maybe Al Gore!

roadadvisor

6. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 00:33
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

I agree. Don't let the weather reports scare you away. It is difficult to predict the weather very far in advance in Costa Rica.

It is even hard to get a straight answer about what is going on at this very minute! I have a Weather Channel app on my android phone, that supposedly tells me the weather anywhere in the world. So I keep New Orleans (my home) saved on the phone, as well as Al Manama, Bahrain (Navy daughter's duty station), Amsterdam (my favorite European city), and Monteverde (my second home).

According to the app, it has been 91 to 93ºF in Monteverde for days! Not even close to what is really going on.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can offer more advice.

Warm Regards,

Pat Hewitt

(Travel professional)

Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

I'll be traveling to CR on Thursday and have been tracking the weather for the past week. The AccuWeather website says nothing but rain and low 70s temperatures in Quepos for the next week. The Weather.com site says sunny and temperatures in the high 90's every day.

I suspect that it will be somewhere in between. :)

Edited: 11 March 2011, 05:33
Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

Usually when people check the weather, they are getting it for San Jose. Surprised on that report for Quepos. We did have a nice late afternoon shower yesterday. Happened around 4:30 pm and cooled things off nicely. Don't expext anything but most sunny for the near future.

10. Re: Upcoming Weather in Jaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Jaco
Recent Conversations