We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars & Nighclubs - Monkey Bar, Le Loft, The Backyard, etc.

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Bars & Nighclubs - Monkey Bar, Le Loft, The Backyard, etc.

Just trying to get some thoughts on what clubs are happening right now in Jaco. I realize very subjective question but what's the good, the bad, and the ugly on the nightclubs. Thank you.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,852 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars & Nighclubs - Monkey Bar, Le Loft, The Backyard, etc.

Someone will need to chime in from the area, I always dug Backyard the most. Lots of live music, favorite hang for locals, and they have been around for a long time. Monkeybar has changed hands so many times, not sure what they are up to these days. I hear Le Loft is getting a late night crowd but someone will need to verify that.

Cheers

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars & Nighclubs - Monkey Bar, Le Loft, The Backyard, etc.

Last night was Ladies night at Los Amigos and it was pretty packed. Le Loft, which is across the street from Amigos, was really packed with a long line and wait. Claritas also has a Ladies night on Thursdays but not sure how popular it is. Earlier in the day on Thursdays Claritias has really cheap beer specials, cheaper then the store. Saturday go to The Backyard for surf comp and live music, then go and take a nap and be ready for late night clubbing.

Monday Tabacon can be really fun, and they have live music, pool tables and decent food. Worst case on a quiet night you can always head to Poseidon Sky Lounge and meet friendly people and have a fun time there. Wednesday the Backyard Ladies night is packed. Tsunami Sushi has 1/2 off rolls on Wednesdays so that is usually packed until 10pm, and then people spill over to Plankton.

Jaco Taco can get a very big crowd late, it is a 24 hour place, but it is a bit much for me. Monkey Bar can be fun too if you go late enough.

There are many local clubs that are harder to find, and even harder for me to pronounce that are a blast if you don't need to hear hip hop and be surrounded by tourists.

Edited: 29 July 2011, 19:36
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars & Nighclubs - Monkey Bar, Le Loft, The Backyard, etc.

Thanks mrolfes! Looks like a great list you provided...

--> Claritas

--> Jaco Taco

--> Le Loft

--> Los Amigos

--> Monkey Bar

--> Plankton

--> Poseidon Sky Lounge

--> Tabacon

--> The Backyard

--> Tsunami Sushi

:)

4. Re: Bars & Nighclubs - Monkey Bar, Le Loft, The Backyard, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 16:17