We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tortuga Island Tours

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tortuga Island Tours

We are staying in Los Suenos in May and would like to see Tortuga Island. Calypso's price includes transport from San Jose. Does any other tour company do the tour without a transport fee? We will have cars and can easily get to Jaco. Where does Calypso leave from?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tortuga Island Tours

Calypso leaves from a port about an hour north. You can go through Samantha Tours ( runs T and Th) or www.Jaco360.com and leave directly from Hurradura Bay in front of the Marriott. They are not as posh as Calypso, but run between $80 and $95.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tortuga Island Tours

Pumpkin is right. If you want to leave from Jaco, which would be easier for you since you are in Los Suenos then you have to go on a different tour. If you don't mind traveling to the calypso boat then that is the nicer tour.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tortuga Island Tours

I did the tour through Jaco 360, which as Pumkin says is not as posh as Calypso. Calypso's spread on the island looked really nice and their boat looked awesome, though why would you drive all the way to Puntarenas when you can launch from Herradura Bay? Not worth it, in my opinion. Samantha's cruise was just fine, though their boat (Paradise) is a little rough on the edges. Great crew though. I paid $99 per person.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,225 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tortuga Island Tours

Really is up to you...but I really like Calypso ISland Cruises...they started all tours to Tortuga Island many years ago...great people...great service...nice set up at the island!

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tortuga Island Tours

Calypso is the best company go with them. Great service !!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tortuga Island Tours

I'm quite sure you can book and pay for a Calypso tour in Downtown Jaco. They really the best around. I've been 3 times.

Check for awebsite on google.

Have fun!

7. Re: Tortuga Island Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 10:36