We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife - All inclusive

Toronto
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Wildlife - All inclusive

What are the best all inclusive resorts for wildlife? Is Jaco a good place to see animals compared to otehr places in Costa Rica?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

Somewhere like Bosque del Cabo on the Osa peninsula would be the best. It's not a true all-inclusive, as beverages are not included, though.

Jaco is a wild life place, not a wildlife place, if you get my drift.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

No animals in Jaco, it's very urban/developed. So the answer to your second question would probably be - NO.

You'd go on tours elsewhere to see any.

Why not go a little further down the coast to Manuel Antonio? The NP is quite touristy but there's lots of animal life to be seen.

I have a feeling the common answer to your first question will be - NONE. AI's are not held in very high regard on this forum. Though some people staying at the RIU in Guanacaste have said they've seen the odd monkey about.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

Some AI's--the Westin Conchal being an example--are very well thought of.

In general, the kind of AI that will get you wildlife is the remote kind set in the jungle. If you want beach life, partying, etc in an AI then you're not going to get wildlife.

Jaco you have to drive 1-2 hours from Jaco in order to see wildlife.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,764 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

There are quite a number of places that have the common link as to be too far away from "civilisation" so they are forced to offer All inclusive: room and three meals a day. Some of them offers also drinks. on tab. Some of them have jacuzzi (might be natural or wood heated). And all of them have great wildlife around as their location is so remote. Is this the AI you are looking for?

Huntsville, Canada
Level Contributor
368 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

Steffispice, Look at Barcelo Tambor a true AI. From Toronto the package is offered by Nolitours, Sunwing and Air Canada. Lots of animals wandering around the property (howler monkies, iguana, verigated squirrels, racoons, crocodiles, variety of birds including scarlett macaws (macaw breeding facility on the grounds). International Blue Beach

Toronto
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

Thanks for all your replys. I am open to not just doing all inclusive, I just want to make sure I get a place that offers wildlife, beach. Not necessarily in to "partying" for this type of vacation. Music/Bands/Dancing entertainment in the evenings would be a bonus. I will check out all of your suggestions. Keep em' coming :) Thanks everyone, appreciated.

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,448 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

For wildlife and beach maybe look at Ylang Ylang Beach Resort in Montezuma or Iguana Lodge in Puerto Jimenez.

Or, you could check out areas like Puerto Viejo/Cahuita on the Caribbean side and Manuel Antonio on the Pacific side.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

I agree, Jaco is not the place you want to go. If you are not set on an AI then you have tons of choices.

Toronto
Level Contributor
59 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

What do you think of Punta Leona resort? Says its for nature lovers!

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wildlife - All inclusive

I've been there. Lots of birds and excellent early morning bird hikes. Lots of koatimundis. Close to the Tarcoles river and Carara national park. It would be a good choice. I don't remember it being all-inclusive, though.