We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Jose Airport to Jaco

Fairburn, Georgia
Level Contributor
47 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
San Jose Airport to Jaco

What is the best way to get to Jaco from the airport and what is the cost? Should I look at San Jose to Jaco for the best options and cost?

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

Many options. How many people are traveling with you? I am a fan of a private driver. There are also shuttles, taxi, bus or renting a car.

Fairburn, Georgia
Level Contributor
47 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

It will only be me and another adult.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,308 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

The bes tway and nicer way...private transfer,,,do not tty to hire some one at arrival...some tricky guys...of course some nice ones too...but is like playing and winning lotto...or you can do it by shared shuttles...

roadadvcsor

Gresham, Oregon
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

what are private transfer company names, will they take to rental homes?

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,425 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

On the right side of the forum, you will find a list of private drivers listed under

"What options are there for travelling around Costa Rica?"

Yes, private drivers will take you directly to your rental home. However, it is wise to advise the driver of your rental home location at the time of booking in the event a 4x4 is needed, they will be prepared. Shared shuttles like Interbus and Grayline deliver passengers to designated hotels. If you use that option, just pick the hotel closest to your rental home and take a taxi from there (or walk if it's very close).

Jaco, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

Just grab one of the official taxis as you come out of the airport. They are the orange taxis. That way if your flight is delayed or something you don't have to worry because someone is waiting. I have used those official airport taxis many times and I don't feel they are any more expensive than when I have planned for a pickup in the past.

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,968 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa-…

Here is the link for travel options. We have been using Juan Carlos Castillo for over 5 years and love him

Raleigh, North...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

We arranged to be picked up in San Jose through DayStar (Jaco).

It was $115 each way ... not per person but in total.

Once in Jaco you probably don't need a car as you can walk everywhere and if you do need to go somewhere taxi's are all over. Tours to places like Manuel Antonio National Park can be arranged thru DayStar as well for about $80/person & includes lunch.

We were picked up exactly on time both ways and traveled in modern air conditioned vans that could hold 8-9 people plus bags. Drivers were very friendly and offered good conversation regarding the country.

On the way to Jaco they will probably offer to stop at a bridge just 15 miles from Jaco... if the river is not too high do this. They have some of the largest Crocodiles below the bridge you will ever see and local's on the bridge offer to sell you a bag of chicken parts to throw down to them. Don't do this unless you have some hand sanitizer wipes or something tho or you won't be able to enjoy a cold coconut & rum drink at the stand on near side of the bridge.

9. Re: San Jose Airport to Jaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:18