We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaco Beach North or South???

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Jaco Beach North or South???

We are planning on renting a condo on Jaco Beach Dec 13-20 and I would like to know which spot is best for beginner surfing? It would be nice if it was swimable as well. Don't mind if we have to walk 15-20 minutes to get to the heart of town and restaurants. We stayed in Dominical last year and spent most of our time at Dominicalito beach as we could swim and surf.

Also, any recommendations for beachfront condos would be appreciated.

jaco
Level Contributor
70 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaco Beach North or South???

Easy call there, South end is your best bet for beginners. For a condo I'd go with Paloma Blanca, great atmosphere and solid value, surf in front is perfect.

vancouver
Level Contributor
14 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaco Beach North or South???

Fantastic. I have seen some options on vacation rental site for those condos. Will take a closer look..

Atlanta
Destination Expert
for Jaco, Bocas Town
Level Contributor
3,965 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaco Beach North or South???

I have to agree south Jaco for beginner surfing. Many options for condos. Jaco has cleaned up so much there really is no wrong answer. The north end of Jaco has really gotten nice as well.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaco Beach North or South???

South end, agreed. A few others to consider Club del Mar and Casa Iguana. Lots of good things happening in Jaco now ... Enjoy!

Edited: 24 July 2013, 21:44
Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
5 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jaco Beach North or South???

South Jaco is great for surfing. As far as swimming while the waters are calm be careful with the currents. Try to go in where you see Surfers or other people in the water in case you need assistance.

As far as lodging we are 10 minutes from Jaco in Los Sueños Resort. In Jaco we normally work with Best in Jaco ask for Michelle Rodriguez.

6. Re: Jaco Beach North or South???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:17