We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girls trip to Jaco Beach

Which Jaco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Augustine...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Girls trip to Jaco Beach

Three girls planning a trip to Costa Rica for the end of April. Wanting to get some input on the night life in the Jaco Beach area before we book. Where to go and where to avoid. We are all in our mid 20s. Any and all advice is greatly allreciated!

St. Augustine...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

Appreciated*

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

Jaco and Tamarindo are the two biggest party spots in Costa Rica. Personally, I like Tamarindo a lot more than Jaco. You should consider it.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
197 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

April is a great time to visit. Will you be there during the week before Easter? Be prepared for alcohol to not be served starting The Thursday before.

My cousin's are in their 20's and love the following places: Clarita's, Orange Bar, The Backyard, and Low Tide Lounge. They have not been in town since Blu opened, but I think they would like that also.

Have a great time!

St. Augustine...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

Thanks for all the suggestions! You scared us there for a bit, but thankfully we are going the week after Easter! :)

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

All good suggestions from Pumpkin. Also look at Surf Dogs and definitely Jaco Blu. For excellent dining (and music on weekends, although not a "club") look at Graffiti and The Green Room. The Backyard in Playa Hermosa has been hosting Ladies Nights on Wednesday (live music) and on Saturday afternoon surf competition and live music afterwards. (Playa Hermosa is 10 minutes by taxi from Jaco). If you Facebook, "friend" all these establishments for up to the minute happenings, also JacoEnLinea and Jaco Attractions (both on FB).

Canada
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

The liquor laws have changed such that there are no longer "dry" days at Easter except in a very small number of places.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

DO NOT walk a lone or home at night, during the day you are fine, but the night is sketchy !! take a cab they are cheap! Make good choices, and watch your drinks carefully!! Only carry the cash you need for that evening ! Costa Rica is beautiful, but like all countries there are the undesirables waiting to pray upon tourists! Pura Vida !!

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

Le loft, Space and the orchid room or some of the more happening clubs in Jaco

Le Loft and Space are the cleanest and safest, you will enjoy them I am sure

they are both located right in center of Jaco

Orchid Room is an upscale lounge club in the back of monkey bar but the front of monkey bar is a little rough mixed crowd latin discotheque club

any of these places really is not happening till 11pm or so and open till late 2:30 or 4:30 for Le loft

Los Amigos is a pretty good "sports bar" which is good for pre party

and Backyard on wends in hermosa beach is the place to be from 9:30 till about 1:30 and then the party moves back over to Jaco - Le Loft

North Myrtle Beach...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

Myself and another guy is going to be in Jaco from April 30 through May 5. The other guy goes all the time and knows a lot about Jaco. We would be glad to meet you somewhere so you would at least know someone.

Vienna, Virginia
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Girls trip to Jaco Beach

How was the trip? Thinking of going to Jaco myself and need a girl's feedback.