We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What should I expect weather wise?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What should I expect weather wise?

Leaving in 11 days and can't wait. What should the weather be like?

Canopy del Pacifico Mal Pais
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Mal Pais Freedom Riding SUP
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Jobbie's Long Boards
Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,842 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What should I expect weather wise?

Hi VizslaTravels!

You will have rain, how much is unknown.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/CS.html

Check the site pasted above. It gives you the weather for areas around Mal Pais and Santa Teresa. There is no specific weather site for the area, so you have to look at Puntarenas and Nicoya and take an average.

You can also check

magicseaweed.com/Playa-Carmen-Surf-Report/…

and scroll to the bottom of the page for a weather report.

Sept. is the beginning of the major rainy season in Costa Rica and whether it pours rain or just sprinkles in the afternoon or overnight is a coin toss.

It will be warm though! The humidity is around 70% right now, so not a ton of rain, but that can change in a flash.

You are asking something the crystal ball can only answer. Sorry, it's in the repair shop right now!

Have a great time regardless of the weather!

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
63 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What should I expect weather wise?

Weather underground is a fantastic source! Great recommendation.

We were just there and it rained mainly in the afternoons and evening. It made it nice and cool after the storm passed. We planned our days around the rain and it worked out well. If it was cloudy in the morning, we did an activity then. If it was sunny, we would head to the beach until the rain took over. Granted, it is much more likely to rain during your time period, but there is always a break.

Enjoy your trip! It is such a great place.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What should I expect weather wise?

I have been very busy driving people around my country...almost everywhere...from Cahuita...to Osa...to Quepos...to Guancaste to Monteverde to Arenal...today I just get back from Cahuita...let me tell you the weather is the best...great for tourism...bad for our agriculture!

Some light showers in the afternoons...more rain at the Caribbean side of the country!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

4. Re: What should I expect weather wise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 03:05
5. Re: What should I expect weather wise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Mal Pais
Recent Conversations