We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

portable air con hire in mal pais

scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
portable air con hire in mal pais

My pals are wanting a beach front property in mal pais which unfortunately does not have air con. I was wondering what the chance of hirung a portable air con unit would be.

Cheers

Richard

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,654 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: portable air con hire in mal pais

I seriously doubt you can rent a portable air conditioner. Why don't you just rent a place that is air-conditioned? It will make a huge difference, especially considering where you are coming from. In many places in Costa Rica, it is cool at night and so makes things more comfortable. But at the beaches, it will be hot and very humid at night. I would recommend looking into other accommodations.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: portable air con hire in mal pais

As far as I know, I have never heard of anyone having AC for hire down here. You will have to find another place to rent or go without.

Depending on what time of the year you are planning your vacation, you may not need it. Often, there is a nice breeze blowing off the ocean or off the inland slopes, also depending on where your rental is located.

Ceiling fans are common.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,415 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: portable air con hire in mal pais

Agree ...never heard of a portable a/c for rent...not only in Mal Pais...in the whole country...

roadadvisor

4. Re: portable air con hire in mal pais

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2010, 05:18