We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mal Pais and Arenal, where should I spend more time?

Boston
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Mal Pais and Arenal, where should I spend more time?

I have 7 nights in CR. Should I spend 4 in arenal and 3 in Mal Pais or the other way around. Hotels are Arenal Nayara and Casa Chameleon. THANKS!!!!!!!!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,497 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mal Pais and Arenal, where should I spend more time?

Maybe 3 nights in Arenal and relax by the beach...

roadadvisor

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mal Pais and Arenal, where should I spend more time?

I really enjoy Arenal so I'd probably spend 4 there but maybe you can head to Arenal early and leave late(r) if you choose 3.

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mal Pais and Arenal, where should I spend more time?

Basically it comes down to : are you a beach person or a hiker/explorer?

Are you leaving enough time to travel between your destinations and return to the airport for your flight home? This is probably the most challenging part of visiting Mal Pais.

Boston
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mal Pais and Arenal, where should I spend more time?

Thanks for all the feedback. We wont get to our hotel in arenal until close to 8pm and will need to leave early to drive to San Jose to catch out flight to MP. I'm thinking we will do four night in arenal due to the late arrival early departure. Thanks for all the advice!

5. Re: Mal Pais and Arenal, where should I spend more time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 06:43