We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel deals

new jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
travel deals

i am impressed by the casa chameleon reviews. i would like to plan a trip there. i have never been to costa rica. do you have to book through a travel agent? where can i find deals to go to this hotel from new york city? thanks.

California
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travel deals

Hi Lokking:

Well if you are just looking forward to stay in 1 place you can go into their web site and book it. If you are interedtes in visiting severald estinations I recommend a Travel Agent or Tour Op. I would suggest one in C.R. though but that is just my opinion.

They can book everything for you and contrary to what some people think, it is cheaper than booking the hotels yourself since they get special rates ( usually 20 - 25 % better rates than direct or market rates ) and therefore they will offer everything at a better rate. + you can reserve everything through 1 person or agency instead of contacting each hotel separatley. Some of them even have 1 800 numbers. I recommend you this web site where you can find:

1000 + Hotels ( with direct links to their web sites )

300 + Travel Agencies and Tour Ops.

All Car rental Companies

All Scuba COmpanies

All Adventure COmpanies

etc,etc,

Click on HOTELS and then HOTELS in the NORTH PACIFIC and then HOTELS MAL PAIS and there you can find CASA CHAMELEON again if you are only interested in that hotel.

Good luck and have fun in COSTA RICA.

C.T.

new jersey
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel deals

hi curtis - thanks for the info. can you please recommend at least two travel agents in CR? i believe we are planing on seeing two cities while we are there.

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: travel deals

I suggest booking directly with Casa Chameleon. Great place (Casa Chameleon)but they seem to be booked for most of the year (2006, and this was in February!) Better chance of getting in if you book directly IMHO. Great people, by the way, and they built a beautiful place. Very special as the posts have mentioned. We were just there in February and hope to return next year.