We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting on Savegre in February

North Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rafting on Savegre in February

Hi, I was wondering about the water levels on the Savegre. We were looking to book a trip around Mid February, and we aren't quite ready for anything above a class III rapids as we are inexperienced, but we also didn't want to book a trip that would be less than exciting. I saw it mentioned in a forum last year that levels were good in February due to a heavy rainy season just prior. Any insights for this year would be appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rafting on Savegre in February

I had booked Savegre for the beginning of December (after rainy season... don't forget tropical storm passed in October)

read my story

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review…

We could not do Savegre because just the 2 of us and apparently need the bigger rafts. (not the small one we encountered).

My suggestion to you is contact company prior to your visit..there is many. (although I recommend dominical surf due to 1st hand experience)n Tell them your experience and needs and you will have a fabulous time. Remember - they want you to be safe and have a good time.

Photos by kayaker safety man are free.

Edited: 16 January 2018, 23:18
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rafting on Savegre in February

Just to add to the above.. i did contact this company many months prior to my visit and told them my experience and my grandaughters as they do offer a float on tube experience. i had mentioned places she had done float and tubing - they recommended the rafting ...even though they knew I would of gladly done another tour (ie...tubing with them)

North Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rafting on Savegre in February

Thank you for the info! Sounds like you had a good time. I was concerned actually about the river being too low to enjoy the rapids experience, but I've been reading reviews from March of last year from people who went when the river was low and still had nothing but good things to say about the experience. Looks like we're going rafting!

Reply to: Rafting on Savegre in February
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio