We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Verde

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Costa Verde

Hello, we are looking to go to CR in January. Has anyone stayed at the Costa Verde? We were also looking at Si Como No.

Any help would be appreciated.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Verde

Big difference between the two...Si Como No is a great hotel, great operation, good location, can be expensive for some people.

Costa Verde is location, location, location...is a Motel 6 in the forest!Can be nice for some people!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Verde

Motel 6? What an inane reply.

Si Como No is very nice but extremely overpriced imho for what you get. Plus it is very kid friendly so there are always a lot of kids there - which may be a plus or not depending on how you look at it.

Costa Verde Studio Plus rooms have the same or even better views for much much less. They also are larger rooms with mini kitchens, great grounds, 2 pools and 2 restaurants on site.

There are many reviews under Costa Verde, just look them up under the hotels section.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Verde

Thank you for your help, We did book the Penthouse at Costa Verde II. Does anyone know what the weather is like in January?

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
319 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Verde

Sherry~

Costa Verde is very nice. My fiancee and I were just in Manuel Antonio in June, for the second time, and we were researching places to have our wedding in Aug of '08. We had narrowed it down to Si Como No, Tulemar, and Costa Verde. We chose CV because the views are amazing and the staff are all very, very nice. I thought the staff at Si Como No were all very rude and could care less about their guests.

CVII has amazing views with its own pool. All of CV's rooms are simple but nice and clean. I don't know why roadadvisor has the Motel 6 opinion of CV. I have seen other posts in which he has made the same comment. I highly disagree with him.

We have also stayed at La Mansion Inn and Issimo Suites and loved them as well. But, for the price, you can't beat CV.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costa Verde

With all my respect...life is full of colors and opinions...if somebody can see a hotel as the best others may not...I have been dealing with hotels in and out of Costa Rica all my life...of course my opinion is based on many factors..again my factors maybe are not the same as every body else... but still my opinion

I try to answer questions with a simple answer...the rest people will find later... thanks God now days we have forums like Trip Advisors...

I stayed ONE time in Costa Verde a few months ago...first and last...love the location...and the monkeys!!

I stayed a few days ago in Si Como No...love every minute!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Costa Verde

We were looking into Si Como No also, but the only rooms they had available during the time we will be in CR, was the Honeymoon suites. Just a little too pricey.

So far I have a real good feeling about Costa Verde. I sent a few question via E-Mail and they have been very quick to respond. I will do a trip report once we return, but that will not be until the end of January 08. Thanks again for your help.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Costa Verde

Hope you enjoy your stay. The penthouse has just drop-dead views, plus CV II is very quiet with it's own pool (no kids). Looking forward to your review on return.

costa rica
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Costa Verde

Personally i prefer Si Como No but Costa Verde has a great location and views:

…typepad.com/photos/manuel_antonio/costaverd…

TIP: Best beaches in MA are inside the National Park!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
184 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Costa Verde

"TIP: Best beaches in MA are inside the National Park!"

-- Well, not if you want to surf.

costa rica
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply