We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horseback from La Fortua to Monteverde

London
Level Contributor
73 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Horseback from La Fortua to Monteverde

Hi there!

We going to Costa Rica at Christmas and want to travel by horse back from La Fortuna to Monteverde combined with the boat trip across the lake. Can anyone recommend a company that treats the horses well.... I've come across Deafio and Mirador Lodge....

Many thanks

Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horseback from La Fortua to Monteverde

I've heard DeSafio is the best - that's who we will be using in April. On their web sit are pictures of the horses and they look great. Have fun.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horseback from La Fortua to Monteverde

In some ways horses are like humans...out of a group...you can always think who is in better shape...and many times we are wrong...the horses you are renting for that journey are small (most of the time) working horses...even that they do not look good that is the way they are!!

I hear good things about Desafios...and hopefully they treat the horses well!!

Nice ride... alot to see!! Enjoy it!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

3. Re: Horseback from La Fortua to Monteverde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 22:16