We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costa Verde Hotel vs. Casitas Eclipse Hotel

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Costa Verde Hotel vs. Casitas Eclipse Hotel

We are deciding between these two hotels for our 3-day stay in MA in June. Any opinions/reviews you could give me to help me decide?

California
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costa Verde Hotel vs. Casitas Eclipse Hotel

Can't give you any info about the Costa Verde, don't know a thing about it. We stayed at the Casitas Eclipse in April 2007. It's a nicely laid out property, but it's not kept up well. The beds are quite hard, and the worst part is that they have a disco that's open until the early hours of the morning and the noise reaches all the units of the hotel. We were forced to keep our air conditioner running in order to drown out the noise, even though we would have preferred to leave it off. We also had a slight disagreement about charges; we think they were trying to take advantage of us on one $75 matter.

If some company bought this property, put a little money into deferred maintenance, and dropped the disco, it could be nice. But the short answer is I wouldn't stay there again or recommend it to anyone, if there's a better alternative available.

vermont
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costa Verde Hotel vs. Casitas Eclipse Hotel

I stayed at the Costa Verde II for three weeks in January, 2007 and had an amazing stay. The grounds and buildings are well kept. The staff was wonderful and very accomodating. We also ate in all three restaurants and had great food every time. The buildings are spread out and some could be quite a hike. We were lucky to have room 12 and therefore had a great location--best view of the pacific and rainforest. We used the public bus, which has a stop in front of one of the restaurants, to get to both the beach and Quepos.

We opted for CV II without air conditioning and never regretted it. We could hear some road noice--but the trade off was hearing the birds and howler monkeys.

Costa Verde definitely exceeded our expectations. A great place.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costa Verde Hotel vs. Casitas Eclipse Hotel

I would opt for the studio plus rooms at Vosta Verde, they have great views. Eclipse really has little to no views from the rooms.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,110 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costa Verde Hotel vs. Casitas Eclipse Hotel

Costa Verde is not a big deal...is location...location...but still a good option..I called Motel 6 in the forest...I just drove some people to a place call La Posada...the people were very happy ...the place is located at the beach of Manuel Antonio park entrance...try to see if you can check it out at..www.laposadajungle.com...another option can be Villas Nicolas...

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

100% costarican and proud of it!!

5. Re: Costa Verde Hotel vs. Casitas Eclipse Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 19:16