We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DIVING and SAILING in Manuel antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milano, Italia
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
DIVING and SAILING in Manuel antonio

On monday I'd like to dive but i'm not sure if a MA is a good place to dive...maybe is better a sailing tour? Wich operator is the best?

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DIVING and SAILING in Manuel antonio

The diving right now is OK, the visibility isnt very far, depending of the rain the night before isnt good. For the sail boat you go with The Sunset sail Boat tour. Their sail is 56ft and they only take like 25 passangers. There is also the Planet Dolphine wich they take over 40 people in the catamaran, a little crow sometimes. NATUREGUIDE

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: DIVING and SAILING in Manuel antonio

I recommend Manuel Antonio Divers for diving. They have PADI Resort Courses for the new and the advanced divers.

For a saling tour, I second natureguide suggestion of using SUNSET SAILS.

Milano, Italia
Level Contributor
38 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DIVING and SAILING in Manuel antonio

They said that there is not sunset cruise because of the weather.. what do you think about dolphin a wales tours?

Today i'm going for kajak but tomorrow i' not sure if have taht kind of sailng tour...

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DIVING and SAILING in Manuel antonio

Sunset sail tour, Planet dolphine and the Pink panther they all offer the same tour along the coast of Manuel Antonio, the only diferent is the boats. You will probably see dolphine but the whale is gone, there was one before but not anymore. NATUREGUIDE

Houston
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DIVING and SAILING in Manuel antonio

Sunset Sails does day tours as well. During the rainy season, they don't do sails at sunset but do the day tour. I have gone on the Planet Dolphin and Sunset Sails day sails and prefer Sunset Sails.As natureguide said, they only take 25,whereas Planet Dolphin takes as many as 40. Also, Sunset Sail sails around more before stopping and snorkling. Both go to the same place to do the snorkling and both sail around to look for Dolphins.

You will probably enjoy either. It just depends on how many people are going with you and how much you like to sail around. Have a great time.

6. Re: DIVING and SAILING in Manuel antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 09:28