We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay around manuel antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay around manuel antonio

I stayed at Si Como No in April 2008 and loved it...was on a trip with my parents to attend my cousins wedding in Costa Rica. My husband and I are thinking about returning to Costa Rica April 2009 for our 25th wedding anniversary. Would like to stay somewhere other than Si Como No since I have already been there. Looking for a place that is not rustic, but not extreme luxury either. We are currently considering Hotel Parador and La Mansion. Anyone been to both to compare them?

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay around manuel antonio

Of the two places La Mansion will offer a more personal service, Parador is a very large hotel. You will like La Mansion a lot, their views are amazing. NATUREGUIDE

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay around manuel antonio

For Costa Rica, those two places are luxury.

virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay around manuel antonio

Can you compare them to Si Como No?

Thanks

virginia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay around manuel antonio

Thanks for your input.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay around manuel antonio

Hi Cheryl,

Parador is beautiful and has lots of amenities, but it is big for this area, some 130 rooms. If you like that size property, other then the crumby road to get there, you will like it.

La Mansion is on the same crumby road, but not as far, and is much smaller and more personal. (Around 25 rooms, I think.) Some of the decor is a little obstentatious, but that shouldn´t take away from the nice staff and views.

I recently sent my parents on their 50th Anniv to Hotel Makanda by the Sea (Just before La Mansion). They loved it! Only 11 rooms, lots of animals, great views, and the villa had a full kitchen so a private chef prepared their anniversary dinner. I won major points for sending them there.

Si Como No as you know is a great hotel, always something going on, so that can be good too if you want to be entertained. If you get the right room, the views are awesome. The only thing I don´t like is no TV when I want to kick back, but reading a good book is fine too!

Enjoy!

6. Re: where to stay around manuel antonio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 15:19