We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Natureguide.

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Natureguide.

I am back. I finally have internet back at my new house. I will be happy to keep helping anybody who has questions about Manuel Antonio or the country in general.

To report, the weather has been beautiful in the Central Pacific and we are looking foward to thanksgiving week. Thank you for those who have been very patient to wait for my answers. NATUREGUIDE

Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Natureguide.

Welcome back. Perhaps you can help with some info for a fist-time visitor.

we are 4 adults, visiting MA for 3 days. my questions:

1 - how much are the fees to enter the park?

2 - do we have to pay this fee if we just want to go to the beach one day?

3 - are guides generally available at the park entrance, or do we need to book in advance?

4 - What is the guide's fee? (per person, or per group?)

5 - how long is a typical guided hike, and is it a strenuous hike?

thank for your help.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Natureguide.

Hello Chiefie.

The admissione entrance for Manuel Antonio park is $10p/p each day, even if you are planning to go to the beach you will have to paid the admission.

The guided tours are $25p/p if you meet the guide on the beach and the time of the tour will depend a lot of each guide, some guides do a very quick 1 1/2 hours walk and finish on the nice beach inside the park, this is because they want to try and get a other tour again. I do a 2 1/2 or 3 hours walk and you can decided to go back into the beach after the tour.The walk is very easy.

If you plan on getting a guide you can eather book someone with good reputacion in advance or show up and get a guide from the beach, if you do this just be carefull with the person you are going to choose, M.A we have a lot of very bad guides poor english, bad scopes and also ilegal guides. We also have a grup who are very good but is hard to find them outside since we all take reservation in advance. Manuel Antonio is a beautiful park and if you do the tour with the right guide is even better. NATUREGUIDE

Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Natureguide.

Thank you. i will contact you via PM when we know the dates.

quepos, costa rica
Level Contributor
438 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Natureguide.

Juan good to hear from you again. I will be back to Parrita Dec 5th. I have been helping many here in coloraro with their costa rica plans. I look foward much to coming home. John

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
9,003 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Natureguide.

Just wanted to add that there is a public beach right outside the national park which does not have an admission fee. It's not as gorgeous as the unimproved beach inside the park but it is a great place to visit on its own and there are vendors on the public beach and restaurants right behind it.

6. Re: Natureguide.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...