We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central Hotels in Quepos Costa Rica

Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Central Hotels in Quepos Costa Rica

Hey All

I am heading to Quepos Costa Rica in April. My tour operator recommended the El Parador hotel but I am concerned that it is too far away from the action. I am looking for an upscale hotel that is within walking distance of fun resturants/bars/pub and the beach.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,448 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Central Hotels in Quepos Costa Rica

Most nice, high end hotels are far from...bars/pubs/restaurants...SORRY!

Maybe Hotel SI COMO NO...can be the answer...

roadadvisor@hotmail.com

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Central Hotels in Quepos Costa Rica

For good hotels Si Como No and Gaia are the only ones walking distance to some restaurants and bars. You can find others more medium scale. NATUREGUIDE

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Central Hotels in Quepos Costa Rica

In my opinion -- unless you have a car -- most of the hotels down the road that Parador is on are too far off the main road to be very convenient. Just my opinion.

For nicer places along the main road, in addition to what Natureguide recommends, there's also Buena Vista Villas and Casas a.k.a. Tulemar. I'd say it's definitely upscale -- not out of this world, I guess -- but very nice. The grounds are amazing and there's direct and easy access to a beach.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Central Hotels in Quepos Costa Rica

Parador is nice, but quite large and quite far down a horrid road. They do have shuttle service though, but that can get old. Si Como No is nice and right along the road, as well as it has shuttle and good views. Downside....no TV, but maybe that will not matter to you. Gaia is really nice, but not great views, and I hate having to get in a golf cart everytime I want to go somewhere. Good tapas for sunset tho. I would lean towards Buena Vista Villas. Centrally located, nice beach, good units if you get the right ones, with lots of animals. Enjoy!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Central Hotels in Quepos Costa Rica

La Mariposa is within walking distance to some places. It is a bit older, but still pretty nice. El Parador could be one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen, but I personally would never stay there becuase it is way to far out of the way and also quite expensive.

6. Re: Central Hotels in Quepos Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 07:18