We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
316 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

We are thinking of renting one of these two homes in August. Can anyone tell me whether either is located within walking distance to restaurants, etc. as we do not plan to rent a car?

Also, does anyone know whether these two homes are near one another?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

Casa Tolteca is very well located to all the good restaurants in Manuel Antonio, the house is right on the main road betwen el Avion restaurant and Si Como No hotel.

Casa fantastica is a beautifull house but isnt very easy walking distance to restaurants, the house isnt to far but you have to walk up a Big Big hill.

Both houses are great and they are excellent a for a perfect vacation. The houses are´nt near one another. NATUREGUIDE

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
316 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

Natureguide, thanks for the reply. Can you possibly tell me how many meters Casa Fantastica is from the main road? We are fit and don't mind walking but just want to make sure it is doable!!

Thanks again. Looking forward to our Costa Rica vacation!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

The house isnt to far from the main road, meabe 700 meters, you will also need a good flash light and you will be OK. NATUREGUIDE

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
316 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

Thanks, Natureguide! We now have a informed decision to make.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

Tolteca is on the main road, and it is closer to restaurants.

If privacy counts more for you, let me tell you Fantastica is way more private.

For Fantastica rental is better to have a car rental though. If you stay at Tolteca renting a car is not necessary.

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

I am thinking about renting Casa Fantastica next Feb 2010...do you know of a hotel that is close by? I am having my wedding there and need an additional place for guests to stay. Thanks!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

I found CasaTolteca to be completely private. The way the house is positioned on the property, you can really see nothing but jungle and ocean from just about every corner of the house. The strange part is that the house is located right off the main street, so once you exit the gardens of the house, you can walk to restaurants, bars, or even down to the beach (although that is a good walk in the heat). It's also simple to jump in a taxi or bus to quickly go into Quepos. I didn't need a car for the entire trip which saved me a good $1000.

houston
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

I am planning my May 2010 wedding at Casa Fantastica. I am in the process of reviewing the rental agreement and had a question regarding payment. For you girls renting this house for your wedding, did you wire the money for deposit or use a credit card. I am a little uncomfortable with the wire but sure would like to save the 13% tax and avoid putting it on a credit card. Any thoughts?

Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
316 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

Mrs. Chapa,

I am the OP of this thread. We just spent one week at Casa Fantastica and LOVED it! We were at first hesitant to wire the money but ended up doing so because wanted to save the 13% also. We encountered NO problems whatsoever. It goes to a New York bank, and you will receive email confirmation as soon as the funds are received (a couple days after the initial wire transfer).

Once there, Escape Villas concierges Valerie and Ricky are very helpful and will do anything you need. Also, chef Leo prepared awesome gourmet meals.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. You will love Casa Fantastica! It is absolutely beautiful!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Tolteca and Casa Fantastica Locations?

Thank you for let us know that everything went smoonth with your vacation plans in Manuel Antonio!

Now I know that CASA FANTAStica is the place!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...