We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night hike

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
night hike

My husband and I will be in Manuel Antonio for 3 nights in March and thought it might be interesting to take a night hike with a guide. Any recommendations? Prefer not too strenous since we are seniors.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: night hike

Email Juan Brenes. He goes by Natureguide on this forum. He is one of the best guides in Costa Rica and particularly knows the Manuel Antonio area.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: night hike

They have a night tour in the Butterfly/Reptile farm accross from Si Como No.

They also have night mangrove boat tours if the tides are favorable. No walking at all.

Guess you aren't up for the nighttime canopy tour?

Enjoy!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night hike

Juan Luis Brenes (natureguide) definitely does a night mangrove tour because we're going to do it with him in March.

His website/blog is: http://juanbrenes.blogspot.com/

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night hike

The Rainmaker Rainforest Preserve has guided night hikes. It is not right in Manuel Antonio but maybe 20 or 30 minutes away and they pick you up in the Manuel Antonio area. You can view reptiles and such. They have a website. I only hiked at this preserve during the day.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: night hike

The mangrove night tour is a excellent choice for a easy tour, the animals at the mangrove´s are mainly night active. On a normal tour you see crocodiles, snakes, anteaters and a lot of birds.

About the rainmaker night tour I dont recomend it to anybody, the place is a little dangerous during the day and at night I dont even want to think about it.

The Si Como No wildlife refuge is also a other great night tour and very easy for all ages.

NATUREGUIDE

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: night hike

thanks for the info. I've aent an email to Juan Luis Brenes. I'll write upon our experiences when we return in April.

7. Re: night hike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 12:24
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...