We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Best Stay in MA?

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
White Plains, NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
The Best Stay in MA?

As always I do my homework before posting and I've narrowed down my search to five hotels (that's the best I could do):

Issimo Suites

Buena Vista Villas

Parador

Gaia

Areanas del Mar

What is the best hotel for a five night stay? Also, if you think I'm missing a "can't miss" hotel please share. Thanks for your help. Jason

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
197 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

Also check out Si Como No as it is both very nice and also very conveniently located on the main road. I will say that while el Parador is unbelievably beautiful it is extremely poorly located down a long bumpy hilly road that takes 10 min just to get to the main road. Although, again, it is an extremely beautiful hotel.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,244 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

BUENA VISTA VILLAS AND CASAS...the best option...INCREDIBLE!!

I stayed there a few times...every time is better!!

roadadvisor@hotmail.com

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
219 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

Arenas Del Mar is a hotel of caliber in the area with direct beach access--. The view from the guest suites and pool deck; over the Pacific Ocean are simply amazing. The hotel is family-friendly.

Si Como No is one of my favorite hotels, great views, excellent tropical setting, friendly atmosphere, casual touch, close to the beach and to many of the best restaurants in that section of MA.

If you are a family of 4 or more you might want to stay at a villa, check on Buena Vista Villas. I would also recommend this site villascostarica.com

so you check on other luxury rentals in MA>

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
202 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

And I loved Issimo. Maybe you can't go wrong. Definitley a place for couples, fabulous views from our balcony (room 6), nice pool for a pre dinner swim, beautiful room, nice restaurant...

The location is down that bumpy road previosly mentioned but we didn't mind that. They have a shuttle to the town, a small beach within walking distance, and we just walked to the end of the road and caught the bus if we missed the shuttle.

Phildelphia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

I've been looking at reviews of Buena Vista, and everyone is talking about how terrible to walk back up from the beach is. I want to know - is it really that bad? are there any services on the actual beach if you don't feel like walking back up (bar, bathrooms, etc)? It looks like such a nice place, but I'm looking for easy beach access.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

Both companys Buena Vista Villas and Tulemar hotel offer shuttle to the beach and back, you just need to call them and they go down to pick you up. The beach hads all you need a small bar, beach chairs, kayaks, bathrooms, showers very much everything for a beach. NATUREGUIDE

wgr
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,237 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

We stayed at Issimo last March for 5 nights. Both good and bad. Good: lovely views, capuchins, mostly good staff who were helpful, good breakfasts, daily transportation to the public beach (a definite plus with pickup back).

Bad: no elevator so that if in Room 1 or 2 you face the equivalent of a 3-4 story walk up and down several times a day, some charges too high, a bit of a problem if a family with an open bath with flimsly screens, fellow guests who believe their children should share their "charm" with others, pool area small if others are bathing.

Overall, I would go back.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
811 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

RE: the walk back up from the beach.

It really depends on how in shape you are. Personally, we never used the shuttle service once in our five-day stay there. But, we were also really tired the whole time! So, there's a trade off.

It's not really that bad to walk down or back up, in my opinion. Now, I live in a city, don't have a car, and walk everywhere, so I'm used to walking a lot -- but the walk back up is on a paved road that winds around. It's not really that treacherous, though it is pretty steep in places (and it's hot and humid, so...). But, I guess it's all relative.

Also, by walking down and back, you increase your chances of seeing wildlife and discovering flowers and other interesting plants. For anyone who hasn't done it, you must walk down at least once just to smell the pink plumeria/frangipani bush -- OMG! The best scent in the world -- and you can smell it from yards away...

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

I didn't see who you are traveling with, which could make a big difference. I lean towards Buena Vista, and Arenas del Mar if you are with family. I recently sent my parents for their anniversary at Hotel Makanda, and they have not stopped talking about it, so that is a good romantic choice. All are great. Enjoy!

Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: The Best Stay in MA?

We loved this place www.mytropicalhoneymoon.com

I'm not sure who you are traveling with, but they advertise "romantic getaway" also. It was so incredible there!

We have stayed at the Parador which is lovely but have you looked at the Mariposa also? It is on the same road, a little before Parador and has just spectacular views. I'm not sure how the restaurant is these days, but they used to be written up in Gourmet food magazines allot. Sounds like you are a good researcher - good for you.