We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

I will be staying at The Falls Resort. How far is the beach from the hotel? The hotel told me it's a 10 minute walk to the beach and my travel agent told me it is 2-3 miles away from the hotel. I don't know who to believe.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

www.manuelantoniopark.com Beach 2-miles away

not within easy walking distance take a cab.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

The beach is so NOT 2 miles away!

If you wanted to walk down the main road to Playa Espadilla (we did it and will do it again, but not everyone is comfortable with walking it due to the general lack of sidewalks and the traffic), you could be there in 15 to 20 minutes easily, if not in 10, from The Falls (in my opinion). It's all downhill on the way there -- and it's not that far. I would be hard pressed to say it's even 1/2 a mile.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,594 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

Hi karolina,

I would say it is closer to the 1.5 miles give or take. The distance between Quepos and MA is 7 km which is about 4.3 miles. The Falls is somewhere a bit closer than the halfway mark. See map below. It is #43(La Plantacion - as that's what it formerly was)

cupotico.com/maps/…20maps.html

Plumboy has given a good description of the difficulties to walking. But as he says, it isn't that bad if you like walking in the heat.

The buses run up and down th main road every approx 20 minutes. The cost is 210 colones. So if you don't want to walk or take a cab, during the day especially, the bus is a good option.

raquel

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

I'll defer to raquel as I know she's been there much more than I have, but it does not feel like 1.5 miles to me at all -- maybe cause it's all downhill? I don't know. Hey, maybe I'm more in shape than I thought!

In any case, the point is, it's easy to get down there -- either on foot or by bus or by cab.

(I'm going to time our walk next month!)

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

The falls is a little over 1 mille from the beach, thge walk isnt bad when you go down the hill, just make sure you have good shoes and be carefull with the traffic since there aren´t side-walks. For the way back you can cath a taxi for $5 or the local bus for $0.50p/p. The falls is very well located to a lot of restaurants. NATUREGUIDE

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

Take the bus. The stop is almost in front of the hotel, they pass every 1/2 hr, and the cost is like 50 cents. So easy!!

Enjoy!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

My wife and I just got back from an 8 night stay at the Falls 3 days ago. You could pretty much roll from the front door all the way down to the beach. It really is not a bad walk. My wife and I did it 2 out of the 3 times we went to the beach (drove the 3rd time) and I went for a morning jog down to the beach and back up 4 times. Definitely doable.

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

Definitely just plan on catching the bus. The walk is around 2 miles and is on a narrow winding mountain road, not particularly safe. The bus passes every 1/2 hr, is cheap, dependable, and as mentioned....the bus stop is very close to the hotel. It is just a matter of minutes to be on the beach that way. To get back to your hotel, just catch the bus again in front of Marlin's restaurant, or in front of the corner bbq chicken stand in the Hogar Crea (dirt and guys with yellow shirts) parking lot. By the way, the chicken is excellent at the stand!! Enjoy!

Cornelius, North...
Level Contributor
108 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

We're staying at the Falls this summer and have a rental car. Is there a safe place to park and hang out at the beach and restaurants down there? That would be so much more convenient than catching the bus each time.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Falls Resort- Distance to beach

Hello Becky.

I will show you a safe place to park on the beach the day of our tour. Restaurants on the beach are the Marlin, El Atardecer, Dos Cocos, and a few other small places with grills on the street. NATUREGUIDE