We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

We are scheduled to stay 5 days in MA starting march 23! We are staying @ Cabinas Espadilla.... thought this was perfect choice for budget travelers in their 20s...

Is the beach right by the hotel very polluted? I am not sure now where to stay... maybe I should cancel my reservation?

Please someone HELP! I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Also where can I get in touch w/ this Juan Brenes for TOURS!

Brooklyn, New York
Destination Expert
for Sarapiqui
Level Contributor
5,437 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

1. Don't worry. Use the beaches inside the park, and you have no problem whatsoever.

2. Juan can be reached at: aguilatour@hotmail.com

you can also message him here--he posts as Natureguide

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

But should I change hotels? Not sure if it's too late. I just don't want to be staying in the middle of the pollution!

Dallas
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

I am sure Juan will see you posting. I just posted about him. He is great and you will love your tour. See my posting under texastvlr. It has all his contact info.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

Hello Lovintheworld17.

Cabinas Espadilla is a great small hotel in Manuel Antonio, from the cabinas you just need to walk about 400meters to the north of the public beach and you are going to far away from the polluted part. You will be perfect in the cabinas.

For the tours please email me to aguilatour@hotmail.com and I will be happy to answer any questions you have for tours in Manuel Antonio. Let me know. NATUREGUIDE

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

I´m sure Nature Guide will reassure you abou the conditions of the park. The septic problem was more an inside lagoon, and it has been addressed. I was at the beach yesterday and the water was warm, crystal clear and there are no problems. They have retested the waters and they passed health limits fine, so please do not worry! Enjoy!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

Thank you all! I am just so excited to be in Costa Rica!!!!!!!!!!

Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

We just stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago and it is fine. A very good choice for Manuel Antonio

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

The beaches and the water available to be drink inside the park are totally clean. The national park just when throught a sanitary inspection everything is OK. The only problem still remainds at the park exit where the little creek is really bad. NATUREGUIDE

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

Was just there and everything was great. Had Jaun, and he has an eye you would not believe. The beach is great, watch out for the guy getting your 4 dollars, for the stand, but was worth it.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
143 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Worried about MA now that I've been reading!

Jaun, would like to here from you. Send me an address Jon.

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio