We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Juan Brenes

Level Contributor
229 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Private tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Juan Brenes

We have just returned from a fantastic visit to Costa Rica. Part of our holiday was a 7 day cruise on the Wind Star ship (wonderful cruise by the way) with one of our port stops being Quepos. Reading recommendations on trip advisor, I hired Juan Brenes for a private tour of Manuel Antonio National Park for our group of 4. I can't say enough good things about this young man. From the beginning contact via e-mail, he was prompt, courteous and informative and I appreciated his offer to help us in any way he could with our trip. He picked us up at the cruise port and took us to the Hotel Mariposa where the view is to die for! There we spent an hour in the pool at the swim-up bar for lunch and drinks. We had the best Mojitos of our entire trip prepared by Pedro, the bartender. After lunch, we began our tour of Manuel Antonio and we were amazed at Juan's ability to spot the wildlife that we would have completely missed had we been on our own. We saw howler, capuchin and squirrel monkeys, sloths, coati's, bats, lizards, many birds, a tree frog and Juan was able to capture many of these upclose on film using his telescope and our camera. One of the coolest pictures we have is a brand new baby squirrel monkey clinging to her mommy's back - truly a photo fit for National Geographic Magazine. After our tour of the park, he took us to Barba Roja for drinks and snacks where we watched the sun set on an amazing day. This day was the highlight of our entire trip. Juan is a very informative guide and has a great knowledge base as well as being an interesting person to spend time with. We wish him all the best. You can contact Juan at:

aguilatours@hotmail.com

Costa Rica Jade Tours
Night Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Manuel's Tours
Eco Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Safari Adventures
Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Juan Brenes

thanks for posting...

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Juan Brenes

Hello Sherry.

Thank you very much for your postive review of our tour in the national park, I had a great day with you guys as well. I am very excited to get the picture of the baby squirrel monkey, it is one of the best pictures I have ever take it.

Also I would like to clearify my email is aguilatour@hotmail.com.

I will look foward to see you comeback. Juan Brenes. NATUREGUIDE

Level Contributor
229 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Juan Brenes

Hello Juan,

Sorry for the error in your e-mail address - glad that you noticed and corrected it. We will send you the monkey picture as soon as we get all of our pictures organized. Thanks again for the great tour and we hope to see you again sometime.

Sherry

mered79
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Private tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Juan Brenes

Juan, I would love a day like that, can you please tell me your suggestions and prices, we (2 people) will be in Tamarado (hope I spelled that right!) and would need transportation and the tour, what do you suggest? Please PM me if you dont care to post pricing on here, thank you! Meredith

5. Re: Private tour of Manuel Antonio Park with Juan Brenes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 15:17