We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manuel Hotels and Transportation

Boston...
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Manuel Hotels and Transportation

I am planning a trip to CR from Aug. 14th - 22nd.

What is the best way to get from Arenal to Manuel Antonio?

Also, what are our options as far as luxury hotels? After spending the first half of the trip in hostels doing all of the adventure tours, I promised my boyfriend some nice rest and relaxation at a very nice resort. I already have Si Como No on my list.

Any help would be great.

Thanks!

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

For your trip, it depends on budget and travel style. The most economic is to go on Interbus or Grayline tours. Those are semi-public minivans and they are amazingly efficient though the trip will take close to 6 hrs due to their stops on the way. If you rent a car, the drive is around 4.5 hrs and not that hard. A private driver is more in the area of $260 one way.

For luxury in MA, my first pick is Makanda by the Sea, Buena Vista Villas or La Mansion (tho the decor is not to my liking). Makanda is adults only, so good for couples time with great ocean views and monkeys. La Mansion is much of the same, tho a bit of a french bordello decor. Buena Vista is more like private houses, and less like a hotel with room service, etc.

Si Como No is really pretty, but no tv (if that is important) and some times a few too many kids. Enjoy!

Florida
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

La mariposa www.lamariposa.com has stunning views from their balcony resturants

www.mytropicalhoneymoon has a wonderful luxury rainforest package away form the crowds

lamansioninn.com The Mansion is cozy and romantic and recently won a trip advisor award.

Enjoy!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

Hi, Arenal to Manuel Antonio. Check out Greyline Bus or Interbus (both on the web) or rent a car from Arenal to drop off in Manuel Antonio. By car it is around 5-6 hours. And don't drive at night.

Si Como No is a good choice for upscale in Manuel Antonio. also La Mariposa is lovely with a gorgeous setting high on a hilltop with great views and a great restaurant.

I lived and worked travel in C Rica for 8 years and now I write a travel blog. find me on the web costaricalearn dot com

I write about safe travel , renting cars, and much more, so please check me out. good luck! Ann

Rochester NY
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

We were in MA recently and stayed at La Mariposa. Enjoyed the hotel and it's location very much.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
167 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

Hi, If you want the best location with excellent views La Mariposa is your best bet. High on a hill, views of sea, nice pool, nice restaurant. I saw some of the other hotels mentioned in replies to you question. I worked travel to Manuel Antonio Many years and La Mariposa was 1st hotel built in Manuel Antonio and they got the BEST location.

I am costaricalearn dot com and I already wrote you a reply, but just had some after thoughts. You can read about Iguana Tour company located in Quepos-Manuel Antonio on my blog post under the category of travel. Please feel free to ask me questions, at end of post just click no comment. In about 2 months I will have a Travel Adventure Video on Costa Rica on the blog. My husband used to do videography work for National Geographic, and of course he fell in love with C Rica on his first trip there in 2004. Another thing: In La Fortuna-Arenal check with Sunset Tours (located on the square) . They might could help you with options for a transfer from Arenal-La Fortuna to Manuel Antonio. Good luck! Ann

Camillus, NY
Level Contributor
795 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

If you can swing it financially, fly NatureAir from Arenal to M.A. WE loved Hotel Parador and had a drink at La Mariposa for the sunset view. Also visited La Mansion for a drink at The Bat Cave. All via the free shuttle from Parador. Si Como No looked nice, but chose Parador for the more "resort" feel for my hubby. He loved it. Beautiful pools, piano bar, nice views. Still able to get to National Park and other rest., but nice to be a a bit away. I think it would be a nice treat after your adventures.

Jaco
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

The best way to go Manuel Antonio is a private transfers because you can see and stop more on the way.My suggestion is Juan Carlos and Rubier they are very famous here the e-mail is tjtransfers@gmail.com.

The best hotels are Si como no or Parador too or Costa Verde.

Good luck.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,200 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

The best fastest way...fly to San Jose then to Quepos...from Arenal...

Also a private shuttle around $200.00 ...or Gray line and Interbus cheaper but kind of slow...and sahring the bus with people you have no idea who they are...nice but kind of different!

Hotels...Buena Vista Villas and Casas...Tulemar...Si Como NO...Issimo...MAriposa....Makanda...

roadadvisor@hotmail.com

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

9. Re: Manuel Hotels and Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio