We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
107 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

So we have the flight all booked - we are headed to MA on the 29th of this October...

It seems we are torn between Buena Vista Villas, Issimo Suites and La Mansion.

We will be renting a car...should we worry about how close we are to the beach?

We were leaning towards BVV but i dont like all the steep hills i hear of. No food service on site and no spa on site.

Then we thought la mansion but didnt get many well recieved reviews on here.

so what about issimo suites?

if we are renting a car, does it really matter how close we are to the beach? We want to see monkeys and we want luxury!! please help!!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
206 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

We really enjoyed Issimo when we were there. Felt pampered but still felt like Costa Rica. We enjoyed the service and liked the location even though we didnt have a car. Mind you, we are fit people who enjoy walking. With a car I can't see any reason not to go for it.

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

I really think La Mansion is the place for you, if you want luxury La Mansion hads it. BVV rooms are very beautifull but everything is far away from the rooms. Issimos Suites is also a other great option. NATUREGUIDE

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

www.issimosuites.com

offer best bang for the money with their specials

would go for them...

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

Buena Vista...is the place...nice big gardens...great almost private beach..

Issimo...great option as well nice big suites...

La Mansion is like somebody ego trip...a bunch of ugly pictures hanging everywhere! Terrible taste!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

Issimo is a good option with large rooms (wierd unprivate bathroom tho), good views, monkey visits, nice staff, so GO FOR IT! Enjoy!

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

Hi,

Issimo is lovely. Did you consider Arenas del Mar or Mankanda by the Sea? They are luxury, close to the beach and full of monkeys!

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Florida
Level Contributor
180 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

Arenas del Mar has a great view. They are way up high above the beach. Really nice hotel. Check out the website.

They shuttle you in golf carts between the hotel and the gate on a steep winding road through the rain forest. It's a neat little ride.

Issimo suites is gorgeous.

Both places are great. I'd want a car if I was staying at either hotel.

costaricagenie

8. Re: Still Torn on Hotel - Flights Already Booked!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2010, 05:16