We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2-3 nights in MA

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
2-3 nights in MA

I'm getting to the final stretch of my last minute trip to CR for 4 nights. I'm going with a lady friend of mine...We are in our 30's and are looking for a nice hotel in MA. I've spent countless "work" hours looking through TA, but figured I'd ask. We'd prefer less than 200/night. What would be your top 3 places to stay in that range...I'm willing to pay more or less and prefer a nice view and a pool or hot tub is cool, but not mandatory...I'm looking a this Mango Moon place which seems cool...REally would love some advice here. Also, I have rented a vehicle.

More questions on their way! Thx

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

Hi,

I would look into these hotels:

Si Como No

Byblos

Costa Verde

These hotels will actually have rooms with views for your price range and great service and properties.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

Also, Inn On the Park, a/c nice rooms...small pool but great location...

Cabinas Hotel Espadillas also by the park entrance...in that price range!

roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

Si Como No and Costa Verde are looking pretty cool. What's the thoughts around Mango Moon? Also is there a map online that shows the locations of each hotel? I have so many questions, but don't know where to start.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

Manuel Antonio is one of the few beaches in our country that most hotels are located kind of far from the beach...to understand the hotels locations...is like have a horse shoe standing on your desk...one side on the bootom Quepos...and the other side at the bottom Manuel Antonio National Park and public beaches...with most of the hotels at the top of the horse shoe!

roadadvisor

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

We are putting way too much time into this ;-) So far from pics, we like Si Como, Mango Moon, Mandarina (really would like more advice on Mandarina), Mansion, Costa Verde and possibly Byblos..........Any pro's/con's on these?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,583 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

Many - but not all - of the hotels are shown on this map.

cupotico.com/maps/…20maps.html

raquel

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

You didn't say what your dates are, and that can make a big difference on price, but I would say that Mango Moon is a good choice, as well as Byblos, Costa Verde or Si Como No (if you don't need TV). All are well located, well prices and get lots of animals. Enjoy!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

Okay, this is really bad, but I leave a week from today! I know last minute...N4S is a big procrastinator. I originally was going to Tokyo, then it was Barcelona and finally decided on a 4 nighter to Costa Rica. As mentioned I once visited CR in Jaco Beach, but didn't like Jaco. I'm taking a female friend with me this time. I don't want to skimp on hotel, but at the same time knowing how inexpensive CR could be I'd hate spending 200+ per night which I just found out Si Como is now.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

Narrowing it down....Between Byblos and Mango Moon, which hotel would you choose and why?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2-3 nights in MA

Mango Moon...

ROADADVISOR