We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Temperature in January

tx
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Temperature in January

What is the high temperature in farenheit starting January 1 averaging? I've seen anywhere from 80F to 95F on the various weather websites, so not sure what to expect.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,432 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Temperature in January

Daily high approx. 88, lows 74. Generally very sunny and clear in the morning til mid-afternoon, possibility of a shower in the afternoon (diminishing rain as the end of January approaches). Plan your activities early in the day when it's a bit cooler and definitely bring the sunscreen! Lisa

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Temperature in January

Hot and humid!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Temperature in January

Depends on where you are but Warm to Hot will be the weather. Where I live in the mountains you have 80-85 by day and 60 at night and no humidity. Closer to the coast it is HOT & HUMID. San Jose can get quite nippy at night.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Temperature in January

Hot...humid and nice...very nice..

Just buclkle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Temperature in January

Mostly sunny and dry, with rain mostly at night. If you are not used to any humidity, you will find it somewhat humid, but quite enjoyable!

Pura vida!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,674 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Temperature in January

Rain at night in January.?..that is totally new for me...I most be getting old...very old!

Roadadvisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Temperature in January

I don't think you will be having rain in January. It is the dry season. It is definately humid but I can't wait to rehydrate my skin and get out of this winter air. I will be there in January too.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Temperature in January

Yea, rain in January is a new one on me 2

Inca

9. Re: Temperature in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2010, 05:17