We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain in may

chicago
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rain in may

Considering taking tour with caravan in may. What can I expect weather to be like? Should I wait for a better time to go next year and go somewhere new?

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain in may

Is early in Green Season, you might or not get any rain, no one knows for sure.

The fun goes on in Costa Rica, rain or shine!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain in may

May is a beautiful time of year in Costa Rica. I wouldn't worry about it at all. When it does rain it's nice and warm. :-) Take an inexpensive rain poncho and keep handy just in case. Quick-dry or waterproof shoes like Keens are important (H20, Venice -- Whisper is my current fave)...I practically live in them when I'm there.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain in may

May is great month ...a tropical country is the best while wet...please do not worry you will have a great time!

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in PARADISE!

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain in may

May is one of the best months to come! You may start to get more rain in the late afternoon or more likely at night, but it is fabulous during the day! Lower prices, less crowds and comfortable temperatures.....I say...definitely come!

Enjoy!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
876 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain in may

My last two trips there were in May. No rain during the day so you can go to the beach or do activities then around 5:00 or 6:00 you would hear the under and a bit of rain would come. Sometimes it may rain at night too. You wake up the next morning and back to the same pattern...no rain and full ability to take part in great outdoor activities. The way I see it, it is wonderful to experience rain when in the rainforest. It is part of it. It never gets in my way of a good time. That late in the afternoon or evening I am just going to dinner or having drinks somewhere and can enjoy watching the rain while under cover. I love it.

chicago
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain in may

May sounds good. I will book the trip. Thanks everyone for the help.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain in may

www.weather2travel.com CR climate guide

May is nice go for it...

8. Re: Rain in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio