We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guided tour of manuel antonio

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
USA
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
guided tour of manuel antonio

we want to take a tour of the park with a guide; our hotel offers one

$40 pp. Any suggestions on hiring a guide? Can we hire one on our own at the park or better to arrange in advance ( travelling Feb 24-28); We also want to hike in M.A,; can we hike on our own?

Newport Beach, Ca
Level Contributor
106 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

If you are looking to hire a guide. Check out Juan Brenes AKA Natureguide. You will not be disappointed, many recommendations for him here on TA. Hope this helps.

Mark

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

Absolutely agree on Juan. He just took us out last week and we had a great tour. His company is Aguila Tours.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

Juan is a good guide...other may charge around $30.00 per person...

s

roadadvisor

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
150 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

You can hike on your own after your tour or without a tour, no problem. The entrance fee is $10.00. Just take large bottle of water into the park for each adult. You may want to swim at the beaches so be prepared. Enjoy your trip.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,036 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

Of course that is another valid option...hike the park in your own...sometimes is a lot of fun...and when ever you see a group of people taking pictures...just followo them!

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

Hello Everybody.

Thank you very much for posting my name as a guide for the National park. Taking the guided tour of Manuel Antonio is the best you can do, a good guide will be able to show you a lot of animals and teach you about each one of them and the forest in general. The tour is very interesting and fun. Depending of when you are planning to visit Manuel Antonio is better to take the tour in the afternoon since the morning the park gets very crowded. For those the want to visit the park on your own isn´t polite to follow the tour guides, we take people the are paying for the tour and is very uncomfortable to have somebody following the tour. I personally dont allow that.

I hope you enjoy your vacation in Manuel Antonio. Juan Brenes. NATUREGUIDE

Boston...
Level Contributor
904 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

Juan guided us 2 weeks ago. Without him, we would have missed many things. Besides being the best guide in the park, Juan is a great guy. You will want to take him home with you.

Ken

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

Juan is excellent and can be easily arranged thru his Nature Guide link. Enjoy!

Michigan
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

Do we buy tickets for the park in advance or when we arrive there?

Ontario
Level Contributor
226 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: guided tour of manuel antonio

I also recommend Juan, although I did not have him as a guide, I have heard many positive things with his tours. We did tour the park but had a so so guide, we thought we saw something and he said no there is nothing there, i know where all the animals are and didn't even look. But you definately need a guide as you will not see much without one, I thought there would be animals running all over the park but not so, not even the monkeys, just white faced monkeys near the beach. It was ok but just not what I thought.

Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio...