We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volunteering - Clothing Donations - Off the 'beaten path'

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Owen Sound
5 posts
Save Topic
Volunteering - Clothing Donations - Off the 'beaten path'

Our family (8 in number) will be in MA vicinity from Jan 2 - 12th. I've seen in other posts where donations of clothing is welcomed. We would bring clothing/supplies (school etc) if there's a need. My spouse & I are interested also in volunteering for a day or 2. Any thoughts/comments/suggestions from those that view these forums and may be in a postion to offer info. Also... any suggested 'must do, must see' while we're in the area. Any info/recommendations on getting 'off the beaten track' and mixing with the locals. Looking forward to your responses.

Rob

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volunteering - Clothing Donations - Off the 'beaten path'

hey there rja7;I grew up in orillia ontario and I'm the one posting about bringing used clothin for the needy.if you read my postings and the responses-you will get the idea.abdul at greenhope99 is the guy to talk to about donating some clothing or school supplies.he works with orphans,addicts,street people,and does disaster relief as well.email me at bklittle@telusplanet.net if you have any questions...the cabinman

Quepos, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Volunteering - Clothing Donations - Off the 'beaten path'

Robbie from Hotel California in Manuel Antonio is very much involved with this sort of thing. The recent flooding and mudslides in Silencio and Portalon south of Quepos have increased the need for clothing and other supplies for those left homeless.

Contact her through her hotel and I'm sure she will give you some suggestions on how you may help.

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volunteering - Clothing Donations - Off the 'beaten path'

You might also reach her at this foundation, another great cause.

www.felixfundacion.org/costa_rica/fest2/

Lisa

Owen Sound
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Volunteering - Clothing Donations - Off the 'beaten path'

Hi Folks!

To those of you that replied, thank you for your comments. We'll be getting in touch with the contacts you've suggested.

By the time, we're heading out we'll be looking to escape the snow (we're from the snowbelt in Ontario, Canada) and looking forward to the warmth and local hospitality that has been so frequently referred to in these posts.

Kind regards, Rob