We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

Kansas City
6 posts
Save Topic
Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

Hi, just trying to figure out which is a better place for views, food, beach romance and so on. It is really a toss up as it seems the rates are very close for both places. Thank you for your help!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
506 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

I'd vote for Makanda by the Sea, which is located in between the other two. It is very private and romantic. For dinner you can walk to Mango Moon, if you want. Their restaurant/lobby is very pretty. The rooms are close together and nothing special, though.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

ISSIMO...nice romantic rooms...funny setting but nice and big...

roadadvisor

MI
Level Contributor
137 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

We stayed in the Royal suite(the only one of its kind) @Issimo(Valentine's weekend) and it was wonderful. Perfect for a honeymoon! You have your own pool which is almost as big as the hotel's pool. Wrap around terrace with beautiful views of Pacific ocean with lounge chairs, jacuzzi with robes and rose pedals. Inside full kitchen,frig, microwave although we never cooked. Floor to ceiling windows. Some of room's terrace is above and adjacent to open air lobby/concierge. At first I was a little concerned about privacy because @ times you could hear voices, but you really can't see them. There are only 13 rooms @ this boutique hotel so you really get personal attention and at breakfast there was never more than a couple tables of people. They have a spa there also that was good. There is a beach about a 15 min. walk away. It was more crowded than I thought it would be. They offer some snorkeling and kayaking excursions. The best part was just relaxing on our terrace and watching different types of birds and the monkeys came 1 day right on our terrace and played. I'll try and post some photos of room on the hotel review site.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

Thank you for your complete information...I agree with you 100%

roadadvisor

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

www.issimosuites.com

best romance for price in room jacuzzis great views

check your TA reviews/rankings

Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
6,436 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

We stayed at Mango Moon, and it has a great boutique hotel feeling. One thing I didn't love is that a lot of the rooms share a balcony, so if you want a private balcony you have to request it. They upgraded us for free to a wonderful romantic room with a private balcony and even a private entrance. If you can get that room, the king upper balcony suite, it was really amazing. Seems like their rooms vary a lot in amenities. Very pretty views from their restaurant area, and there's a beach at the bottom of the property, but you would need to hike down to it. Also a nice small pool for cooling off and lots of capuchins on the property. From the pics I've seen of Issimo, it looks great.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
48,221 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

Sorry I did not clarify...my option is ISSIMO...great place...perfect for a honey moon!

roadadvisor

Kansas City
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

I want to thank you all for your responses. It looks like Issimo wins the vote. Our first stay is at Nayara and we are looking forward to it..we leave May 2nd and I will be sure to post a report.

Thanks!

John

9. Re: Issimo Suites vs Mango Moon Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 05:21