We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MA Hotels Recommendations

aimster
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
MA Hotels Recommendations

I am researching hotels in MA for the last week of April - last week of high season prices - and I would appreciate any advice you have!

I am traveling with my husband and sister, who lives in Escazu. We'd like something nice with updated decor, but we're not overly luxurious people. I'm looking for something with:

- Jungle feel, lots of monkeys

- Free breakfast

- Convenient to the beach and park (we won't have a car)

- Nice pool for suntanning with a pool bar!

- Balcony would be nice, but not required

- Free wifi nice, but not required

- Less than $150 per night

Any ideas? I'm considering:

- La Posada

- Byblos Resort

- Inn on the Park

Which is best of those 3? Are there others I should look into? What about Mango Moon? THANK YOU! Pura Vida!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,524 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MA Hotels Recommendations

I like Inn On the PArk...also you can try...Cabinas Hotel Espadillas...Hotel El Bosque...

roadadvisor

Manuel Antonio
Level Contributor
2,171 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: MA Hotels Recommendations

I vote for Byblos out of those three. Better for hanging around the pool, seeing animals and general nightlife. Has everything you describe. Either way, you will have a great time in this area. Its hot right now. Enjoy!

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MA Hotels Recommendations

www.costaverde.com my fav in that range great views

walk down hill to beach and park nice jungle lodge feel.

The Falls is nice little farther away in that price range.

Canada
Level Contributor
337 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MA Hotels Recommendations

I would also recommend Costa Verde, you feel like you are right in the rain forest with views to the Park and the ocean.

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
2,958 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MA Hotels Recommendations

Hi,

A lot of the hotels have stopped serving breakfast with their stay. However, Espadilla hotel, great location and your price range still does! It has all that you want.

This one is 3 minute walk to the beach.

Verde Mar is also on the beach and they have kitchenettes.

Hope this helps,

Marina K. Villatoro

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
53 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MA Hotels Recommendations

Hello!

I just returned from a fantastic stay at LaPosada. My friends had some stuff stolen off of the beach at Marina Ballena so we had to cancel our planned stay in Parrita. Mike, the owner of LaPosada didnt have any rooms available for the rest of our stay but found us a room down the street at Inn at the Park. Not nearly as nice as LaPosada!! The staff there will do anything for you and they helped us out immensely. Mike, Jonathan and Esteban are fantastic!! Rooms are always spotlessly clean, price is good, and monkeys abound! The white faced capuchins would come by at breakfast and late afternoon and the squirrel monkeys came around 4 everyday. They even have bananas to feed the monkeys!! Right at the entrance to Manuel Antonio National park, 5 minute walk to the public beach. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! I have a new family at LaPosada and am returning to stay with them in June. Good luck!

7. Re: MA Hotels Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 05:17