We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

Which Manuel Antonio National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

I went to Manuel Antonio back in 2005 and lost my notes for MA.

I have a friend who is going in early July and I wanted him to buy for me some excellent coffee we bought there. I have forgotten the name of the coffee (know it is not Cafe Milagro). The store was located just a short walk from the BV Villas/Bungalows where we stayed. The coffee was the best I have ever had and I bought 10 bags home with me.

Anyone can help with name of the coffee? Thanks Lonna Linda

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

Unfortunately for you -- there are many many brands of coffee sold in Costa Rica so it might be really tough to find out - especially 5 years later.

Here are some brands - maybe something will ring a bell -- 1812, Maleku, Volio, El Rey, Britt -- there are many others but, of course, can't come up with more names at the moment. (Maybe at 2 am.) I'm sure someone else can add to the list.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

Accck I was afraid of "so many coffees" in Costa Rica. None you mentioned rang a bell...thinking the coffee came in blue bags. Hopefully tonight while asleep I will recall the name. If you think of any more names...

OCD on coffee, LL

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

Cafe Britt comes in blue bags but others may also. I am heading to the store later on and will look for brands I have missed.

Long Beach,CA
Level Contributor
493 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

Thanks so very much. I am also going to email the Tulemar/BV Villas to see if they can tell me since it was just a block away from their location.

LL

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,655 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

Other brands of coffee are La Montana, Cafe Chandito, Cafe Dorado, Tilawa and Triangalo de Oro. Many brands - such as La Montana and El Rey and Cafe Britt have various types of coffee under their brands.

If none of these ring a bell, sorry but you may be out of luck.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

Tres Rios?

Carol

Playa Hermosa...
Destination Expert
for Manuel Antonio National Park, Jaco
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

Any of these look familiar?!! Intriquing question esp. at 6 am! Good luck!

www.costaricacoffeeshop.com/english/roaster

8. Re: Name of coffee bought @ store near Buena Vista Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2010, 06:19